MFP exercise figurse

Options
Does anyone else find that he figures for calories burnt on MFP are wildly different from the calories used as shown on the machine or on Run Tracker.For example I did 40 mins on the x trainer the machine showed 310 calories; however, MFP shows 40 mins on a x trainer as 614. I currently go with the x trainer readout because I would rather err on the side of losing less calories than assuming I had lost heaps and eaten the extra calories

Replies

• steveyinasia
    steveyinasia Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else find that he figures for calories burnt on MFP are wildly different from the calories used as shown on the machine or on Run Tracker.For example I did 40 mins on the x trainer the machine showed 310 calories; however, MFP shows 40 mins on a x trainer as 614. I currently go with the x trainer readout because I would rather err on the side of losing less calories than assuming I had lost heaps and eaten the extra calories

I have the opposite, I run in the mornings and the machine gives me 340 calories yet the same exercise in MFP gives me 270 calories.
  • _runnerbean_
    _runnerbean_ Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    General wisdom on here seems to suggest that MFP over estimates calories for exercise and that it is best to eat back around half of what MFP says you have burned. A heart rate monitor is a more accurate way of tracking exercise calories.