motivated mama 1st week of mfp

Options
I just had my 3rd child in July and have only gained more weight since having her. Being home with the kids, I sometimes get bored and thats when I start mindless snaking. My weakness is my sweet tooth and I am really trying to fight the urge to bake this year. Being the holiday season, I usually pick up a lot of unwanted pounds. This is what prompted me to start dieting and working out now instead of waiting until the new year. I always say I will start better habbits for new years but I never do it. I am hoping by using this sight I will succeed this time. I have already noticed a major change in my attitude and I have only been doing this for a week now. By seeing the number of calories consumed and how much burned from my workouts, I am more motivated than ever. I am actually having fun. The best part is the phone app.

Replies

• mykaar74
    mykaar74 Posts: 253
    Options
    hang in there, this site is amazing. just remember it's not a diet it's a lifestyle change. the fact that you are here shows your strength
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    Good for you!!!!! I'm so glad you are here! This website is amazing!!! My tips for you would be emerse yourself in the MFP community because you are NOT alone! Its amazing to get a support system going. Start a blog. Its great to look back and track your progress! And log everything! :o)

SO wise that you joined before the New Years versus after...you have a heads up on all of the temptations infront of you!

WELCOME! :O)
    Tara
  • tiffylou80
    Options
    Thanks ladies! It is great to see how supportive everyone is on here.
  • rockieschick
    rockieschick Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I find this website is already helping me! Ive been here only a week and i am very motivated and trying a lot more!
    I also had a baby in July :)
  • tiffylou80
    Options
    I agree, this site seems very helpful! Congrats on your baby ;)