Bodybugg experience?

nishhhh
nishhhh Posts: 9
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
anyone had good experiences with the Bodybugg? how accurate is it?

Replies

• telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    I love mine. I've been using it for about 3 months along with Turbo Fire 6x/week and logging my food into MFP and I've lost almost 17 lbs. It's supposed to be about 90% accurate and it is definitely giving me lower numbers than my HRM which makes me feel like it's more accurate.

Sharon
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    I wore mine for 6 months and it provided me with invaluable information with regards to how many calories I really expend just living and how to better eat to fuel my body while still maintaining a 500 calorie deficit. It really opened my eyes...I was trying to eat 1600 calories/day, but after a week of wearing it, realized I was burning between 2800-2900 calories most days. I upped my calorie intake a good 500 calories and started to lose weight more quickly.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    I use the BodyMedia brand (now called the Body media FIT - formerly GoWear Fit) - I LOVE it. As glfprncs2 mentioned, it provides great information regarding how many calories I'm really using on a day to day basis. Mine confirmed that I really am pretty sedentary... before exercise I burn anywhere from 1800 to 2300 calories, depending on how many trips to the coffee machine/bathroom I make and if I run any errands after work. It helped me realize how important the spontaneous exercise is to my efforts - taking the stairs, parking in the back of the lot, etc. all help boost my calorie burn significantly.

The great thing about the BodyMedia brand is that if you wear it while sleeping, it analyzes your sleep efficiency - it can tell you how long you were really asleep vs just laying down. I was surprised at how often I actually wake up in the middle of the night without really realizing it.
This discussion has been closed.