P90X nutrition

Options
I did the whole energy calorie thing. Where you do the formula to figure out energy use. At the end of everything it gave me 2880 calories. Is that how many I need to eat? For 1 I really don't think I burn 1900 being sedentary. But that's what it said I did. And I realize doing the regular classic phases I will build toned muscle. Can I still lose inches? I mean I don't care about weight necessarily. I want to lose inches most of all. I know these are probably dumb questions I just want to know how to utilize this program to get what I want out of it. And people who have done it are much more educated about it. All help is greatly appreciated :)

Replies

• Uptopargolf
    Options
    I did the whole energy calorie thing. Where you do the formula to figure out energy use. At the end of everything it gave me 2880 calories. Is that how many I need to eat? For 1 I really don't think I burn 1900 being sedentary. But that's what it said I did. And I realize doing the regular classic phases I will build toned muscle. Can I still lose inches? I mean I don't care about weight necessarily. I want to lose inches most of all. I know these are probably dumb questions I just want to know how to utilize this program to get what I want out of it. And people who have done it are much more educated about it. All help is greatly appreciated :)

I have to agree with you. After completing my first 2 rounds of P90X. I did not go by what the book said. I instead tried to stay around 2,000 calories a day. But ate very clean. This time on my 3rd round, I'm around 1900. But eating more protein, less carbs.

If you eat clean, and stick around 2300, the program will work. If you are hungry, eat a bit more. If not, eat a bit less. I always realized that I was basically forcing myself to eat.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I don't go by the P90X book. They recommend too many calories. For your height and weight loss goals I would recommend eating between 1700-1900 calories.

During my first phase of P90X I ate around 1700 calories. However, in my 2nd month I started doing double workouts. If you do double workouts you have to watch you calories even more to make sure you're taking in enough. You don't want to bonk out. There was a weekend that I totally bonked out. I took a nap on a Saturday afternoon for three hours.
  • mingersoll
    Options
    I did P90X as well and followed the diet somewhat. I think it also incorporates the nutrition bars that they have and also includes the recovery drinks which are around 200KCAL themselves. I say stick to what your body is telling you to do so you aren't starving or tired. Increase your protein and decrease your fat. If you stick to clean healthy eating there is a huge difference between 2800 poor KCAL's and 2800 good KCALS. Loved the program and still do it about 3X's per week. Good luck!!!
  • IbettR
    IbettR Posts: 139 Member
    Options

Hey, there are no dumb questions here :wink: You asked precisely what I wanted to know :laugh: I have the program and am dying to start, but had questions. Thanks for asking :happy: :flowerforyou: And good luck to you!