Hi- Newbie from Chicago-land area!!!

NurseNatalie2011
NurseNatalie2011 Posts: 281
edited September 22 in Introduce Yourself
Hello to all!! My name is Natalie and I am from the North-West burbs of Chicago. I am a nursing student and graduating in June 2011!! Nursing school takes over my life so I do not have too much time for much else. Otherwise I enjoy spending time with my fiancé, family and friends, skiing in MI during the winter, wedding planning, and going to our family lake house in the summer.

I recently got engaged in June and that currently is my biggest motivator to lose weight for our Sept. 22, 2012 wedding. I found out about this site through message boards from a wedding web site that I use. There was so much talk about myfitnesspal.com I wanted to join!

I started losing weight 1 yr ago from Oct due to severe GERD and just wanting to become healthy. I have lost about 27lbs since then and my GERD is almost gone! My biggest downfalls are: portion control, eating out too much, family gatherings that revolve around food and a dear love for ice cream, pizza, and pasta. I have tried to cut out fried food as much as possible (which has really helped with the GERD). I started doing hot yoga back in May and love it! I have had recent difficulty with the heat and not being able to finish workouts :( Other wise I use my local YMCA for workouts. I am still on a family membership until I graduate which means group fitness classes are not included in my package. I really like group classes but it is just too expensive for me out of pocket.

I am looking forward to using this board and hopefully making some friendships to help me along in my weight loss goal of 33lbs!

Replies

• chocolatnoir
    chocolatnoir Posts: 182 Member
    Welcome! I am also from a suburb of Chicago :) I'm sending you a friend request.
    Good luck!
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Hi!

I'm originally FROM Chicago but I live down in Peoria now! :o) WELCOME to the most awesome weight loss website ever. I can declare this, "THEY" gave me the ability to do so.

Anyhow, congratulations on getting engaged. Getting ready for a wedding is so much fun and so much work!!! I know I started to gain weight from just the stress of it all and not watching what I was stuffing in my mouth on the go!!! You are doing the best thing for yourself being proactive and I can't wait to watch you shed the pounds and be that beauuuutiful gleaming bride in September! Do you have ideas for the location for the wedding? Reception? :o)

WELCOME! :o)
    Tara :flowerforyou:
  • hello!! im use to live in Chicago but now i live in Miami!!! I hope you lose all the weight by the time your wedding comes around!! Good luck!!
  • lrichardson2360
    lrichardson2360 Posts: 225 Member
    Welcome! I'm in Algonquin, so I'll send you a friend request as well!
  • jenneyd
    jenneyd Posts: 308 Member
    welcome welcome welcome! I love this site, and I'm sure you will love it too! oh what an amazing time in your life right now! congratulations on your engagement and your upcoming graduation! I wish you luck on your weight loss journey!
  • lastchance2010
    lastchance2010 Posts: 494 Member
    Welcome and congrats to you! I'm from Chicago too! Here's to your success and support 24-7!! :drinker:
  • Wow! These are great replies everyone! I have been working my way through the site for the past hour and getting used to everything. Thanks and looking forward to working with everyone!
  • WELCOME! You have just lucked out by being a part of the BEST website EVER!! I'm not from chicago but i love the BEARS! does that count? :) Good luck!
  • skeetpea
    skeetpea Posts: 241 Member
    Welcome fellow Chicagoan! I'm out in the western suburbs. :happy:

You'll find a lot of great people and support around here, don't be afraid to hop right in and feel free to ask questions whenever you have any!

This site has been life changing for me since I haven't been able to lose this much weight on my own in the last five years. I'm sure you'll find it the same!!

Good luck in your weight loss journey!
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    WELCOME! You have just lucked out by being a part of the BEST website EVER!! I'm not from chicago but i love the BEARS! does that count? :) Good luck!

THAT TOTALLY COUNTS! :drinker:
  • Niveous
    Niveous Posts: 294 Member
    Welcome! This site is a really great tool and the support is awesome as well. I'm out in the western suburbs as well. :)
This discussion has been closed.