I come in peace... help, advice & motivation required

Options
SW- 259lb
CW- 164lb
GW - changes all the time but at present 155lb

Female

My diary is open so my calories etc can be viewed there, I hope I have provided enough info on my stats but please let me know if you need more into.

Please note I use a HRM to measure my workout cals (exercise 5 to 6 days a week) and I do not log my water intake because its second nature to me, roughly have a minimum 3litres a day,

Unfortunately I had to put in a gain of 2lb in today, upset is an understatement because 2lb at this stage is big numbers to me. When I was bigger the weight fell of easier but now I can not break past this barrier. As much as I want to sit here rant etc I would rather use this post to get some advice.

I thought my scales was telling lies so I went to Boots (UK kind of pharmacy store) they have this machine that measures your weight, height, BMI etc and it confirmed 164lb when I was 162lb two weeks ago BLAHHHHH

Clearly I am doing something wrong so I am putting myself/dairy out there to seek some advice/encouragement. I would love to claim perfection with my logging but I can not as there is always room for improvement however if you compare my earlier entries to my current entries you will definitely see more consistency and accuracy. I weigh, measure and track pretty much everything but as I said there is always room for improvement.

Anyway it would be great if someone could check my diary, advise if you think there is something I should cut out, lower my calories etc as I am now just confused.

I could almost cope if there was no movement at all but going up is a no no! Yes I do measure myself too but the inches do not come off like they used too.

Note: I was originally on 1200cals then worked out my TDEE which gave me the following number 2082 then once calculated my % off I got 1782. I was scared to completely up my calories so I was upping it by 50cals a week. I felt comfortable at 1390cals which is what it is now and I really like logging my workout numbers lol so I have not fully followed the TDEE rule ...yet.

Sorry for the long post, just wanted to provide as much background as possible.

O x

Replies

• Changingmyfatitude
    Changingmyfatitude Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    You've lost almost 100 lbs. and are about 10 from goal? I think you're probably not doing anything wrong. It gets hard at the end. A 2 lb. gain doesn't necessarily mean you're doing something wrong. Sometimes it just takes a lot of patience and perseverance. You can do it. Good luck!
  • MoveitlikeManda
    MoveitlikeManda Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    hi ya, im not much with help/advice on what you need to change etc atm as iv only been doing this since thursday.
    just wanted to say that you have done so well so far so dont get down about your 2lb gain, it will come back off you just need to stick with it.

Im sure many other will have some great advice though

xx
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    The rate at which your body burns fat will vary from week to week due to TOM, exercise, water retention from sodium, stress, bowels, hormones, medication, rest, etc. Since you have been losing prior to this last week then continue as you were and your body will catch up. This is the reason it helps to weigh in under the same conditions once a week and look for a trend about every 4 weeks or so. As long as the trend is downwards then don’t worry that you didn’t consistently lose the same amount every week.

Just to give you some perspective but keep in mind the numbers are estimates. One pound of fat is about 3500 calories. In order to gain 2 lbs. of fat, you would have to eat 2 x 3500 = 7000 over your maintenance level. Therefore, if your maintenance level is 2000 then you would need to eat 9000 calories to gain 2 lbs.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    You know the drill. Eat fewer calories and exercise more.

The last ten to fifteen pounds are complained about a LOT around here. I think they must be hardest for many people.

I've read so much about how hard those last pounds are that my plan is to starve them off if they won't budge, lol. I'm a long way from there, though.

Congrats on your success and keep at it! You'll get there. :)
  • Changingmyfatitude
    Options
    The rate at which your body burns fat will vary from week to week due to TOM, exercise, water retention from sodium, stress, bowels, hormones, medication, rest, etc. Since you have been losing prior to this last week then continue as you were and your body will catch up. This is the reason it helps to weigh in under the same conditions once a week and look for a trend about every 4 weeks or so. As long as the trend is downwards then don’t worry that you didn’t consistently lose the same amount every week.

Just to give you some perspective but keep in mind the numbers are estimates. One pound of fat is about 3500 calories. In order to gain 2 lbs. of fat, you would have to eat 2 x 3500 = 7000 over your maintenance level. Therefore, if your maintenance level is 2000 then you would need to eat 9000 calories to gain 2 lbs.

Thanks! Those numbers definitely put things in to perspective even as ball mark.
  • Changingmyfatitude
    Options
    You know the drill. Eat fewer calories and exercise more.

The last ten to fifteen pounds are complained about a LOT around here. I think they must be hardest for many people.

I've read so much about how hard those last pounds are that my plan is to starve them off if they won't budge, lol. I'm a long way from there, though.

Congrats on your success and keep at it! You'll get there. :)

Very true I see people complain about it a lot but thats normally because they stall on the scales. It's very scary because my goal weight may change once I get there and will probably be even more of a nightmare to get off.

I suppose I need to trust the process.

Thanks for taking time to feedback :)
  • Changingmyfatitude
    Options
    You've lost almost 100 lbs. and are about 10 from goal? I think you're probably not doing anything wrong. It gets hard at the end. A 2 lb. gain doesn't necessarily mean you're doing something wrong. Sometimes it just takes a lot of patience and perseverance. You can do it. Good luck!

I posted this very early on today, I've calmed down a little and decided to just roll with the punches. I have to trust the process as long as I am honest about what I am doing it will come off eventually. :)
  • tasharock
    tasharock Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Even in maintenance, I have daily "swings" sometimes 5lb worth! That does not mean I gained back 5lb of fat. I could have eaten too much salt, not enough water, etc, etc. Don't beat yourself up, and keep doing what got you this far!
    Things slow down in the end, the only answer you need is patience and perseverance.
  • Giddyduck
    Giddyduck Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    First I want to say congratulations. You have made significant strides and I want to applaud the dedication to losing the final pounds to make your goals.

I have lost about 40 pounds over the last year. I still have about 15 to goal and I will say the goal changed once I got close to the goal. My original goal was 150. I am currently at 155. My new goal is 140.

My SW: 197
    My CW: 155
    My GW: 140 (new)

I have hit many plateaus as my body gets used to the weight and then it will lose a few more. I took a peak at your diary, I noticed you were a bit on low side for protien. I am a big believer in protein. It helps with lean mass and muscle building. I know from the biometrics I had done that I went from approximately 43% fat to about 28% fat so I have to remember that even when I am not losing weight, I may be losing fat, losing inches or gaining muscle.

Also, recommend taking pictures every 4-8 weeks with measurements. This will assist with motivation when the numbers on the scale don't move. Feel free to look at my pictures.
  • SusanL222
    SusanL222 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Well, I have no advice for you, just wanted to say I love your choice of words for your Topic! :flowerforyou: And congrats on your progress to date! Very well done! :drinker:
  • Changingmyfatitude
    Options
    First I want to say congratulations. You have made significant strides and I want to applaud the dedication to losing the final pounds to make your goals.

I have lost about 40 pounds over the last year. I still have about 15 to goal and I will say the goal changed once I got close to the goal. My original goal was 150. I am currently at 155. My new goal is 140.

My SW: 197
    My CW: 155
    My GW: 140 (new)

I have hit many plateaus as my body gets used to the weight and then it will lose a few more. I took a peak at your diary, I noticed you were a bit on low side for protien. I am a big believer in protein. It helps with lean mass and muscle building. I know from the biometrics I had done that I went from approximately 43% fat to about 28% fat so I have to remember that even when I am not losing weight, I may be losing fat, losing inches or gaining muscle.

Also, recommend taking pictures every 4-8 weeks with measurements. This will assist with motivation when the numbers on the scale don't move. Feel free to look at my pictures.

Congratulations on your own weightloss, you look amazing in your progress pics.

I do need to pay closer attention to my macros especially my protein levels, it was worse before so get getting a little better. I suppose at this stage the fine details really do count.

Thanks for the add btw :smile:
  • Changingmyfatitude
    Options
    Well, I have no advice for you, just wanted to say I love your choice of words for your Topic! :flowerforyou: And congrats on your progress to date! Very well done! :drinker:

Haha I had to through fear of potential attack, i have seen some post get nutty. Thanks so much xx
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    Even in maintenance, I have daily "swings" sometimes 5lb worth! That does not mean I gained back 5lb of fat. I could have eaten too much salt, not enough water, etc, etc. Don't beat yourself up, and keep doing what got you this far!
    Things slow down in the end, the only answer you need is patience and perseverance.
    Yep, same here! Scale fluctuations are normal. Just read your last couple of posts, too. Glad to hear you sounding more positive! You've made great progress!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss.

With only 10 pounds to lose, you need to set your goals to lose .5 per week. Also, weigh your food.

Finally, patience. Weight loss is not linear. What you are experiencing may be water retention.
  • enzosmama
    enzosmama Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    This may have nothing to do with any of it, but in looking at your diary I've noticed you're consistently low on protein. Also, how much water do you drink? Just a few things that stood out to me- but chances are you're getting super close to goal and the weight loss is slowing, combined with daily fluctuations... maybe try mixing things up to break through the plateau. Try eating some different things, doing some different exercise, varying your calorie intake from day to day (high one day low the next) Just a few thoughts, take them for what they're worth!