What time to people weigh?

Options
I always weigh myself first thing in the morning (and only once a week) as I'm presuming that between me going to sleep and waking up, that's the longest I've gone without putting food in my mouth. :smile:

Just wondered if anyone weighs at different times, and your reasoning behind it?

Replies

• Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning, after I pee, naked, on a hard surface.

And my weight still fluctuates like crazy. Though I've gotten scarily good at guessing what it's going to say. I really need to get a life outside weight loss. Or figure out how to make it a profession so I can get paid to think about it 8 hours a day.
  • granturismo
    granturismo Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Just wondered if anyone weighs at different times, and your reasoning behind it?

I also weigh first thing in the morning, I read somewhere thats when we're lightest??? but its probably more consistent to weigh at roughly the same time of day each time.

I also weigh once a week - on fri or sat morning when I tend to have lost a fraction of a kg - I binge at weekends, dont log weekend food and take little exercise at weekends. I realised this a few months ago but am now going to weigh myself on Mon am. I've seen a few posts on mfp where people weigh in at the start of the week for this reason.
  • holmesp603
    holmesp603 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Hi - For sure first thing in the am is the best time - probably because what you said- lol - but my dr also agreed - Firday is supossed to be your lightest day of the week if you are weight concious (sp?) So every Fri morn before 8 am is when I weigh in!
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning after I've peed and am standing there naked. I can "gain" 5pounds during the day from food and water, so I avoid the scale at all other times.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    First thing a.m.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Its part of my morning routine. I get up, use the bathroom, strip & step on the scale.