how do you log a zumba work out? ive searched and its not in

shawnalmil
shawnalmil Posts: 137
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
i like to search about how much a workout/ things burns in calories just to get an idea and i cant find zumba any where. i want to start doing it but i cant find it in the exercise long........ im guessing its under dancing?

Replies

• FitWithMae
    FitWithMae Posts: 68 Member
    I use my heart rate monitor calculated my calories burned and then added my own workout and calories burned. :)
  • MrsRawwwr
    MrsRawwwr Posts: 166 Member
    I log it under "Dancing, General". My instructor tells us we burn between 400 and 700 calories per session, but it obviously changes depending on the dances, effort, etc.
  • atlraine
    atlraine Posts: 172 Member
    I just log it under aerobics....I could be wrong though!
  • FitWithMae
    I log it under "Dancing, General". My instructor tells us we burn between 400 and 700 calories per session, but it obviously changes depending on the dances, effort, etc.

Thats what our instructor tells us too. Everyone is going to burn a different amount and the more muscle mass you already have the more you will burn if I am not mistaking. I was curious just how much I was burning in an hour session because we lift weights and do situps and butt exercises and I came out at 752 to some days as much as 900 calories burned. Great workout I tell ya!!!
  • megsta21
    megsta21 Posts: 506 Member
    WOW @ Maemae2001!!! YOU ARE AWESOME!!! Congrats on your AWESOME WEIGHT LOSS!!! :drinker:

I used my HRM and it worked out to the same (within 1 Cal!) of Aerobics - High impact! =]
  • FitWithMae
    WOW @ Maemae2001!!! YOU ARE AWESOME!!! Congrats on your AWESOME WEIGHT LOSS!!! :drinker:

I used my HRM and it worked out to the same (within 1 Cal!) of Aerobics - High impact! =]

Thank you! :) You are too sweet!
  • I created my own so it comes out as Zumba. i usually burn @450-700 cals. per class but I just leave it at 500 cals. It depends on the intensity. Overall Zumba its a great workout!! I Love it ♥
  • well my curves is doing a zumba curict workout.
    you do 1 minute of dancing 1 minute on the machine no breaks or recovery boards.
  • I use my heart rate monitor calculated my calories burned and then added my own workout and calories burned. :)

ditto this, but before having my HRM i logged it under Aerobics, high impact.
This discussion has been closed.