Can't stop Eating and it so Not the Norm for me

Options
We finally made it to Germany and got somewhat settled in. We don't have any of our furniture yet but I am very excited to be here even though I am stuck inside because of the massive amounts of snow that we are getting. The biggest problem I am facing is that I am eating more than I ever have before in my life. Yesterday alone I ate more than 4000 calories and 218 G of fat!!! I am not sure if it is the stress of the move or just the holidays but I am floored by how much I am eating. It is a little bit harder to eat right over here simply because I don't have all the luxuries of the states at my calling. They sell mostly foods that are packed with carbs because of the diet that most soldiers stay on along with their workouts. This of course, is not helping me!! I will be going grocery shopping again next week and am hoping that I can curb the carb buying, Oh, and of course, the food in this country is OUT OF THIS WORLD and makes it 10 times harder not to indulge in it. I need all the support I can get because it doesn't look like I can do it alone. :)

Replies

• harls
    harls Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Wow, the move sounds impressive. I hope you'll like it over there! I bet it's pretty cold though ;)

Anyways, maybe you will naturally stop eating so much after you get completely settled in. Eventually, you will get used to everything and your body should stop going crazy. In the meantime, maybe try chewing gum or eating mints when you get an urge, or perhaps DO eat all of the food -- just in small portions. Work out ahead of time what exactly you can fit into your calorie goals ahead of time so you have a guideline for later.

Good luck!
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    I have noticed that I'm hungrier when the weather is cold. I think there has to be some type of biological process here that makes our bodies want more insulation on them. You have to get it under control though. You will be really upset with yourself if you gain tons of weight. Increase your exercise and cut down the carbs. You can do this!