Pasta?

Options
2»

Replies

• SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,668 Member
    Options
    I've heard that costco carries a black bean pasta that is really yummy (my girlfriend and I were just talking about it yesterday) and it's got the extra protein from the beans, I'm definitely going to be trying that one soon :)

^^^ hahahaha we posted about the black bean pasta at exactly the same time ;) nice

I've tried it. It's definitely different but if you have a lot of flavour in your sauce, it's passable. Pretty sure I couldn't get my family to eat it though.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,668 Member
    Options
    I've heard that costco carries a black bean pasta that is really yummy (my girlfriend and I were just talking about it yesterday) and it's got the extra protein from the beans, I'm definitely going to be trying that one soon :)

^^^ hahahaha we posted about the black bean pasta at exactly the same time ;) nice

haha....and again. Didn't see your post before I posted. :laugh:
  • fspre
    fspre Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    This can make some people cringe BUT- there is such a thing as tofu pasta. It is honest to god like... 10 calories per serving. Yes, there is a SLIGHT texture difference but my extremely picky friend couldn't tell much of a difference (after I had to convince him to try it for like 15 minutes). It is awesome and totally my pasta-loving god send!!

Do you have a recipe??
  • heatherv89
    heatherv89 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I bought it at my local Giant. Found in in the vegan/vegetarian section.
  • bohemian124
    bohemian124 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I too love pasta! I typically get the whole wheat pasta because it is more filling, so I'll eat less. I like to bulk it up with lots of veggies -greens, fresh or canned tomatoes or sun dried tomatoes. In the summer, I love to do a light lemony sauce with lots of zest and juice, garlic, capers, and just a touch of butter or olive oil. Garbanzo beans works really well with this sauce.

I also recently starting making one that has become a new favorite. Whole wheat spaghetti or linguini, edamame, and steamed broccoli with soy sauce and a kiss of toasted seasme oil. So yummy!

Spaghetti squash is also good in season.

I've also started doing zucchini pasta, but I really want to get one of those spiralizers so it is easier. Right now I use a vegetable peeler and it's not quite the right size or thickness. There are some great recipes for zucchini pasta with peanut sauce, raw alfredo sauce, etc. Yummmm.