Maintaining Weight after diet.

Options
Hi, my name is Caio, and I used MFP to lose 31 kg, and now, I need to maintaining it, but MFP tells me to eat 2200 calories, if eat this quantity I will gain weight, because I am eating 1600 and I am not losing more weight.

Anyone passed by this?

Replies

• xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    If you aren't losing, then keep eating the calories you are currently eating. Watch your weight and if anything changes (gain or lose), readjust your calories.

If you want, you can change your calorie goal in MFP to stay at 1600. On the MFP website, go to My Home > Goals > Change Goals > Custom > and set your calories to 1600 there.
  • 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    You should calculate your Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) and Total Daily Energy Expenditure (TDEE) here:

http://www.fat2fittools.com/tools/bmr/

This will give you a good idea of how many calories you should eat to maintain.
  • 321debo
    321debo Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    thanks, that is a helpful website
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    I have officially maintained for 3 years this month. I still weigh every day, and start logging again to gain control when I start to gain. I don't count calories except for when logging. But I still stay aware of what I eat (portions etc). MFP is a great tool to maintain your health. Good luck!
  • Eoghann
    Eoghann Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    MFP's figure is simply an estimate. It may be too high. I would suggest moving your calories up about 100 at a time and trying that out for a month. Stop when you start to gain weight and drop back to the figure where you didn't gain weight.

As someone has previously noted you can put in custom goals in MFP, you don't have to use the default calculations.
  • 321debo
    321debo Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I guess you increase your calories a little when you maintain?