Shorts Girls-Lifting-Calorie and protein goals??

Options
I am 5'1, 124/125 lbs and want to find out daily calorie and protein goals that have been successful for other people my height/weight. I lost 20 lbs since January by eating less and doing lots of cardio and weight training but now I really want to focus on getting lean and strong.

In July I increased my daily calorie intake to 1500 and average 115-130 grams of protein a day. According to the IIFIYM calculator I should be eating at 1450.... does this sound correct?

Thanks for any advice/tips

p.s. pics always welcome for inspiration!!

Replies

• lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    5'3, 125lbs, 34 years old

I usually get 130+ grams of protein in lifting days/at least 100 on non-lifting days

I think I still have MFP set to lose .5lb/week- the calories are set at 1450 also

I eat back MOST of my exercise calories usually. The last 5-6 weeks, I ate at a deficit during the week keeping it at about 100 cals/week day under 1450+exercise cals. I lost 3.25 lbs last month. This definitely didn't negatively impact my lifting goals.
  • ninav1980
    ninav1980 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    thanks...anyone else ladies??
  • sabaraba
    sabaraba Posts: 42
    Options
    Personally, I find it pretty hard eating a high amoung of proteins, since I don't use any protein powder. ( Don't want to take something like this to me, doesn't feel right. Many strange ingredients )
    I have my goal set at 130 proteins/day or something, but I hardly hit it.
    Still I have a pretty high amount of muscle tissue and probably do still gain, since doing every week 2-3 times strength training ( on the other days, bodyweight strength, hiit etc. )

I am 5 ft 2 :)
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    Ideally, 1g per pound of lean body mass in protein. Irregardless of short or not, there's no need to eat your body weight or beyond in protein. Both muscle retention and muscle building in a surplus I've kept my protein at around 100g.

I'm 5'3.5" 120 lbs. Around 17% BF still, I think? I dunno, I'm bulking so I'm slowly gaining minor fat with my minor muscle lol.

In weight loss, with TDEE I eat around 1900 calories. For my bulk, I'm around 2300.