Changing my workout

Options
Hi everyone. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a new WO. I've had success losing doing an hour of circuit training and an hour of running each day, not skipping many days, for about 4 months. Soon I'll be coming to the maintenance part of things and going back to a busy schedule. What works for people who have had to abbreviate their exercise....what do your workouts involve? Did you abbreviate a portion of your workout and what did you "edit"? Did you go to the gym every other day instead of every day? Did you cut your WO time in half but do heavier weights? Thanks in advance for any input or suggestions.

Replies

• margannmks
    margannmks Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Good question. Im wondering the same ,im so much busier in fall winter at my job and im not sure an hour and a half a day is going to be feasible.
  • Chrisparadise579
    Chrisparadise579 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    2 hours of working out a day is alittle overkill anyway 30 minutes to an hour would be best.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    What are your fitness / physique goals?
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    Good question. Luckily I do most of my workouts in my lunch hour so either attend a gym class (30-45 mins which are pretty intense) or go for a run.

On days when I'm really busy and can't make it to the gym then I will go for a run before breakfast or do a home workout of which there are loads of apps/workouts on YouTube depending on how intensive you want it to be. I think if I'm working out for 30mins then you have to decide what you want to get from it.

However, even in my busiest times I have always had time for exercise.

I found this quote on Instagram the other day:
    "Instead of saying 'I don't have time' try saying 'it's not a priority' and see how that feels. Often, that's a perfectly adequate explanation. I have time to iron my sheets, I just don't want to. But other things are harder. Try it: "I'm not going to edit your resume sweetie, because it's not a priority" "I don't go to the doctor because my health is not a priority." If these phrases don't sit well, then that's the point. Changing our language reminds us that time is a choice. If we don't like how we're spending an hour, we can choose differently"
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

I found this quote on Instagram the other day:
    "Instead of saying 'I don't have time' try saying 'it's not a priority' and see how that feels. Often, that's a perfectly adequate explanation. I have time to iron my sheets, I just don't want to. But other things are harder. Try it: "I'm not going to edit your resume sweetie, because it's not a priority" "I don't go to the doctor because my health is not a priority." If these phrases don't sit well, then that's the point. Changing our language reminds us that time is a choice. If we don't like how we're spending an hour, we can choose differently"

i am totally stealing that! :flowerforyou:
  • bugaboo_sue
    bugaboo_sue Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    1) What are your goals

2) How much time will you have to dedicate to your workouts?
  • margannmks
    Options
    Speaking for myself its not a priortizing issue. I run a hair salon and after being on my feet working non stop for 10 hours im not physically able to do the intensity that i do in the spring summer months. Im interested in maintaining what i worked so hard for and would like to get in both cardio and weights in 1 hour 5 days aweek.
  • Mariachicat
    Mariachicat Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I have about 10-15 pounds left until my goal. I work as a teacher, so I'll be on my feet a lot but I still want to get proper workouts in. I want to get & stay lean but maintain some muscle cut. I'll have about an hour a day or two hours every other day, or 3x a week. I'm shifting my location from home/outdoors to the gym.
  • margannmks
    Options
    Im thinking that since i stay more motivated and on track working out at least 5 days a week id go with the hour and do a full body weight training on say mon wed fri then cardio tues and thurs. And if i can fit in a sat or sun do a circuit which for me is like a mini bootcamp style workout.