NEED MOTIVATION!

Options
im trying very hard not to get discouraged. I have lost almost 13 lbs in 4 weeks which is good but i havent noticed any real big change yet. I do feel so much better but nobody has noticed anything nor my family. Im trying to stay motivated .

Replies

• xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    If you feel better that is a great motivator. The visible changes will come.

It can take a while for people to notice a change. And even if they do notice a change, they may not say anything. Weight loss/gain is such a personal thing and can be for a variety of good or bad reasons (i.e. depression, illness, medicines you've recently started/stopped, stress, dieting, starting to exercise more, etc.). I wouldn't take it personally if no one has said anything.
  • lastchance2010
    lastchance2010 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. I have lost over 40 lbs and no one notices and if I say I'm working out or going to work out I get the eye brow raise, like, since when. You just keep on going. As you lose you will feel so much better and more confident as YOU see your body changing. I have been so in tune with myself and subtle changes that I'm proud of and don't necessarily care if anyone else notices. Stay motivated. I've done it all in the diet world and have been at this a while. NO matter what chaos, I get up dust off my shoulders and keep moving. it will all happen in due time. Don't worry about anyone noticing, just acknowledge how you feel about your changes and let that motivate you to keep going. You can add me if you would like. Either way, good luck to you on the journey. :flowerforyou:
  • jcenalover42377
    jcenalover42377 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you both for the motivation. That means alot to me. And you guys are right. Im not doing this for anyone else other than myself and need to remember that. I need to just keep my head up high, eat right and stay active. thank you so much.