Paleo Recipes

MrsOlson1006
MrsOlson1006 Posts: 90 Member
I am in need of some Paleo Recipes that my husband (who is not eating Paleo) will eat too. Send them over if you have any ideas! :happy:

Replies

• katharineshalia
    katharineshalia Posts: 243 Member
    I made chili last week that went over well with my husband (although his was over fritos) I portioned off the left overs for my lunches. It was really good. http://www.paleonewbie.com/paleo-crockpot-chili-recipe/
    Otherwise, I just cook his meats separately, rice or pasta for him and add my vegs which he'll salt. I'm new to this and spend time looking over paleo recipes online. I'm making pulled pork later this week, throw some bbq sauce on his and I know he'll be happy. Good luck ????
  • becs3578
    becs3578 Posts: 836 Member
    I am less of a recipe girl and more of a "here is a list of foods I can eat"... and work with that. Lately I have been making...

*** lunch ***

Veggies (Any of of these... asparagus, sugar snap peas, brussel sprouts) + olive oil with garlic + rotisserie chicken from the store. Easy and healthy.

***snacks***
    beef jerky
    apple and peanut butter or almond butter to be paleo
    Greek yogurt (not paleo but I still eat it)

***Breakfast***
    I eat a lot of egg scrambles, peppers, sweet potatos bacon.. etc

****Dinner****
    Asian lettuce wraps (wrapped in lettuce cups)
    Fajitas in lettuce cups (and hubby could have tortillas)
    Salads
    Meat (Steak, Chicke, Salmon), veggy and sweet potatoes
    Pecan encrusted fish or chicken (use mustard to make the pecans stick to the meat)
  • tkillion810
    tkillion810 Posts: 591 Member
    Check out civilized caveman, paleomg, and nomnom websites. All have great paleo recipes!
  • Chaskavitch
    Chaskavitch Posts: 172 Member
    Also Everyday Paleo, Primal Palate, and Against All Grain have a lot of delicious recipes. I've found a number of paleo cookbooks at my library, as well.

Really, if you find any recipe you like that is paleo, you can just add rice or noodles or some artisan bread for your husband. That's what I do most of the time. I'm not good at avoiding grains all the time, but when I'm doing well, I get mostly meat and veggies and coconut oil/milk, and he gets a big side of rice or couscous or rolls to bulk up his meal. It honestly seems to be working pretty well.

My go-to meals are fajitas, stuffed peppers, pork and green chili soup, and grilled meals.

Fajitas: Cut onions and peppers into thin strips, cook in a paleo-friendly oil until tender. Sautee meat of choice (usually steak or chicken) until not pink, add veggies back in, add fajita seasonings. Eat yours with avocado and salsa, give your husband cheese, sour cream, and tortillas.

Stuffed peppers: any recipe you find online will do, as long as you keep the rice out and make sure your canned tomatoes, etc, are free of wheat/soy. Add cheese and rice on the side to your husband's.

With burgers and grilled meats (steak, fish , whatever), just make some delicious veggies on the side and don't eat the bun or cheese or bread being served with it.

Really, as long as you can keep yourself from eating the bread and dairy that will be in the house, you should be good :)
  • MaegK
    MaegK Posts: 12 Member
    My husband really likes some of the recipes from Diane Sanfilippo's Practical Paleo, especially the Pumpkin Pancakes with the banana substitute. No flour either, which makes them easy to make :).