TV series you wish lasted longer...

Options

Replies

• kbeckley11
    kbeckley11 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Also, I forgot Copper! Civil War era cop show set in New York.
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    I got introduced to Firefly, Freaks and Geeks, and Undeclared long after the fact via my husband's DVD collection, and I can definitely agree with all of those. Sports Night in that category, too.

It seems like EVERY new show we have started watching in the first season and actually LIKED in the last 6-8 years has gotten dropped, if not after the first season, then far too quickly. I was really sorry to see these go:

Chuck
    Fringe
    Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip
    The Crazy Ones (:cry::heart: )
    Trophy Wife
    PUSHING DAISIES
    Dirty Sexy Money
    The New Normal
    Probably 100 more single season stuff that I can't even remember at this point

I also wish they were doing more than one more season of The Newsroom.
  • danielleeu
    danielleeu Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    As soon as I saw this thread I was thinking, oh I gotta go list :Pushing Daisies & Dead Like Me!!! Then I saw that I was in no way the only one thinking those shows got canceled way too soon!!

I would also add:
    The IT Crowd (What can I say, I appreciate Britsh humor? And Chris O'Dowd and Richard Ayoade were so so enderingly nerdy!)

10 Things I Hate About You (My favorite character was Cameron played by Nicholas Braun! So sweet! And Lindsey Shaw as Kat was also very good! Then the network had to go and end the show with everything completely open ended!!! Ahhh!! So wish they hadn't axed it without at least having wrapped some of it up! But they kept the show Make It or Break It on the air, really?!?! :P)

What I Like About You (I loved the character Henry played by Michael McMilian! And Leslie Grossman as Lauren! She truly STOLE that show! So funny!!!)

I haven't seen these two yet (please don't throw stones at me, lol)...they're on my to be watched list: Firefly and Torchwood. I'm sure once I see them they'll most likely be included on my list of series I wished lasted longer.
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    FIREFLY!!

FIREFLY!!!!!

and FIREFLY!!!!!!

this

and Carnivale
  • tamara3226
    Options
    Firefly of course !
  • 1stplace4health
    1stplace4health Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Law & Order: Criminal Intent

I don't know tv could still exist after it ended.
  • nicolen160
    nicolen160 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    House :(
  • HannahLynn91
    HannahLynn91 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    House and Dexter
  • ParamoreAddict
    ParamoreAddict Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Firefly.

All other answers are wrong.
  • bfergusonii
    bfergusonii Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Definitely FireFly
  • SnellingMike
    SnellingMike Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yes, Firefly :-(
  • shanehackney
    shanehackney Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I agree with Firefly. Go browncoats.
  • MLouis1
    MLouis1 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Dead Like Me
    Growing Up Fisher

AND, Friday Night Lights could have gone on until Coach Taylor retired!
  • riburn22
    Options
    Fringe.... still searching for a replacement.
  • KaidensMom13
    KaidensMom13 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Lie To Me
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Aliens in America!
  • KaidensMom13
    KaidensMom13 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Law & Order:CI was so good!! Goren was an amazing actor!!!
  • Breaking Bad
    DEXTER
    Orange is the New Black
    and have never even heard of Firefly or Pushing Daisies, guess I don't watch enough TV ??

We just finished the 2nd season of The Killing and it was killing me that they drag everything out, not sure if I can even watch another episode.
  • colleendublin
    Options
    "Zero Hour" and "Growing up Fisher". "Zero Hour" was so interesting!!! "Growing up Fisher" was hilarious. An older show I miss is "Dead Like Me". There was also a spin-off of "Pretty Little Liars" about a strange town with ghosts and dopplegangers....an old house/funeral home was at the center of the weirdness...whatever that was, I watched it on Comcast over the Internet and loved it (although I don't like "Pretty Little Liars"). I apparently watch too much TV. I did exercise for 2.5 hours at the gym today, though.
    :smile:
  • inmyidealworld
    inmyidealworld Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Firefly, it needed at least 5 more seasons.
    Better off Ted could have gone another season or two.

Hmmm.... what else?......

Generally speaking, I feel that most tv series shouldn't go past 3 years unless they are really good, then they can go up to 5 years. Only outrageously funny cartoons can get by with longer. There is the occassional unique show that has a cast-chemistry and storyline that can go past 5 years. I most of the ones that have been cancelled had run their course.