Inspired by Band Geeks

Options
klkarlen
klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
I say this because my DD is a self-professed band geek, and she showed me this last night:

http://www.dci.org/news/view.cfm?news_id=9e36900f-6862-4e60-80a3-bed313122203

Never let it be said that marching band is not exercise. These are some impressive before and after photos of young people after a summer of drum corp competitions.

She is looking forward to getting fit during marching band season this fall.

Replies

• JoannaEngel84
    JoannaEngel84 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I was pretty fit during football season because of marching band in high school.
  • Sundogoh
    Sundogoh Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Yes! My brother was in drum corps and it was something else. They practice a lot and are constantly moving on the field. He was definitely fit by the end of the summer. They also get seriously tan with some pretty odd tan lines as you can see from the pictures.
  • megannmaxey
    Options
    Drum corps is the way to go!
    I marched this summer and lost 30 pounds. haha.
  • anamind
    anamind Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm training for the Bluecoats and I need a training buddy!!! Anyone out there? :)
  • shabaity
    shabaity Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Lord I miss my legs from the marching band days.
  • gbutler0140
    gbutler0140 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    we had to do push-ups if we missed our formation... some of us got bigger arms.
  • Sheri2016
    Sheri2016 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    we had to do push-ups if we missed our formation... some of us got bigger arms.

Us too! this is where my tiny wrist came from push ups and holding up my instrument all the time
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    My son, Jake, plays tuba and has marched with an open class drum corps every summer for the last three DCI seasons. He has a Tumblr about Drum Corps and there have been many shares about "body by drum corps". His first year, he lost 50 pounds in three months. Drum corps is a sport, make no mistakes about it. Those kids work hard. My younger son is a football, track and lacrosse player and even he says that his brother works harder than he does. @megannmaxey What drum corps did you tour with?
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    This is a picture taken after Jakes first drum corps season.
    5kwirx5xigcs.png