What would you do with a $100 bonus?

Options
2»

Replies

• sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    I put all "extra" money aside for future travel.
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    The responsible adult in me (I know she is here somewhere); says the 50 bills / 50 personal is the way to go. However, I suspect if anyone is like me, there are those of us who do not buy things for ourselves. I'm there. I've been known to go +1 yr w/o buying any new clothes because the money could be spent better on the kids / house / misc etc. We are possibly getting a bonus this year. If we do, part will go towards back bills from Scott being on disability the last 3 months and then Christmas and myself ... a HRM that I have been wanting for months!
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Well I'm all caught up with finances, so I'd throw it in the bank and either use it towards the funds for my new car or next vacation!
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    You guys are lucky.. All we got was some coupons off our next pruchase towards one of the companies products.. Whoopie!!

But if it were me I would definitely buy me something... even if it is small. The rest would go to a bill or pocket change.

Well, it's wasn't a Christmas bonus, waitresses don't really get those haha. But it was a rewards type program at work that you can convert points into cash. I just chose to cash it in now instead of any other time of year.
  • AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    No bous for me at work but if I had an extra $100 to spend I'd book a session with my tattoo artist to get some more hours in on my full back piece. I only have about 15 hours into it now and am barely half way done. By summertime I want to show off a full back piece and be at my goal weight.
  • LettyM62
    LettyM62 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I would give it to my mother.
  • AdamATGATT
    AdamATGATT Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I got a bonus that was 10% of my annual salary. It was easy to figure out what to do with it. I gave it to my wife. She's the brains in this outfit. I'm just eye-candy.

Amen! My wife is the CFO of the relationship. She definitely handles the budget matters.
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options

I think that I would buy scrapbooking stuff, to be honest. I love to do that-and love all the tools they have, so I am sure it would get blown that way.

Check out my friend's parent's scrapbooking website: www.scrapbookingstory.com !

With that website plug finished...I'd either buy new sneakers (on clearance!) and treat myself to something I wouldn't usually get with the rest!
  • toots99
    Options

With that website plug finished...I'd either buy new sneakers (on clearance!) and treat myself to something I wouldn't usually get with the rest!

I think that's what I may do. I love the sneakers I have now, and they were $35 at Marshalls (Asics, which are $100 at any other store!) so I may get those again. I have a list of things I want but always put off getting because other things were more of a priority. Pay my phone bill or get new perfume? Phone biiiiillll...:grumble:
  • CynthiaCollin
    CynthiaCollin Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I would go on a romantic date with my hubby ! Got to have some fun too sometimes !
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I like the backpiece idea...i too am half covered, waiting for some extra money to get the other half done...but i would go get my hair done...i would get the deep conditioner package that costs more than I'd normally pay...maybe add some highlights in there, i'd spend the ENTIRE $100 in the hair salon...maybe on some fun product, or just getting my scalp massaged
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    I was surprised with a $500 Christmas bonus today. :bigsmile: I have no clue how I'm going to spend it, but DH is forcing me to spend at least part of it on myself since I never ever spend our extra money on me. chances are good I'll buy stuff for him & the kids & bank the rest but its nice to know I have it to spend on myself if I wanna. :smile:
  • toots99
    Options
    I was surprised with a $500 Christmas bonus today. :bigsmile: I have no clue how I'm going to spend it, but DH is forcing me to spend at least part of it on myself since I never ever spend our extra money on me. chances are good I'll buy stuff for him & the kids & bank the rest but its nice to know I have it to spend on myself if I wanna. :smile:

That's nice! Enjoy yourself. :smile:
  • flossicle
    Options
    Sad but true i'd probably spend it on a new set of pans or a new kitchen gadget for our new house! I'd love new cute shoes and some lovely clothes but my i'd end up spending it on something we need not something that i want..how sad am i?
  • shawnalmil
    Options
    i would buy a few work out outfits! i need some comfy work out outfits!
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    I would get my next tattoo that I am trying to save the money for.....
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    What I'd want to do: Spend it on a YEARLY membership to the fitness center at a church near me... free childcare, can't beat it... and would so help me get back on track with exercising

What I'd probably do: put it on the credit card bill... we have an outrageous bill from vet expenses over the past few months.
  • springbreeze72
    Options
    I would get me a new pair of sneakers wink:
  • alantin
    alantin Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Screw the credit card bill (I have it figured out pretty well already!), I would go and get a real good HRM.
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    Spend half on yourself, put a quarter towards bills and give the last quarter to a good cause. I happen to be underemployed and could use that last quarter, but you never know when you might benefit from a good cause....