Recipes for the Holiday Goodies

Options
Hello all,

I so love eating cheesecake but I know its loaded with calories, fats, and sugars. So, I am looking for a low-fat recipe so I wont feel guilty during the holidays. If anyone knows where I can find one, please let me know.

Thanks,
A

Replies

• helton1515
    Options
    Hello all,

I so love eating cheesecake but I know its loaded with calories, fats, and sugars. So, I am looking for a low-fat recipe so I wont feel guilty during the holidays. If anyone knows where I can find one, please let me know.

Thanks,
    A
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    If you google "low fat cheesecake", tons will come up.

Cook's Illustrated magazine has a cookbook called "the best lowfat recipe", which contains an excellent one. Maybe you could find it at a library? Everything in it is really, really tasty.
  • pamelawh
    pamelawh Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    dlife.com and look up one serving chocolate cheesecake. you can always leave out the cocoa powder and substitue fruit. only 104 calories and it tastes great. already made it
  • sanlin20
    sanlin20 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi, pamelawh:
    Cheesecake is one of my 'weaknesses' :) I recently got a big 82oz one from Costco, and sliced it into 16 pieces. According to MFP's database, each 'small' piece (5.13oz) is still 466 calories!

How big a portion is your 104 cal cheesecake?
  • NoMoreAt3
    Options
    Cheese cake is the best! I especially love it topped with blueberry pie filling...ok, ok, enough of that. Pretty much any recipe, including desserts, can be made with "healthier" ingredients. I have a great cheese cake recipe I have used frequently, and I substitute the "regular" ingredients with healthier ones. However, this way of doing it by no means makes the dessert "good" for you, only "better". So, you can still only eat one piece, just with a bit less guilt! : )

Cheese Cake Crust:
    1 pkg. "diabetic" or sugar free yellow cake mix (reserve 1 cup dry mix for filling)
    1 egg
    2 Tbsp. canola oil

Cheese Cake Filling:
    1 cup dry cake mix
    3 tsp. lemon juice
    1 1/2 cup milk (1%, skim thins it too much)
    2 (8 oz.) pkgs neufantal (sp?) fat-free cream cheese
    1/2 cup Splenda
    3 eggs
    3 tsp. vanilla
    canned Pie Filling

With cake mix (minus the 1 cup), add egg and oil, mix until crumbly. Press into 9x13 cake pan. Set aside, DO NOT BAKE.
    In a large bowl, mix cream cheese, splenda, dry cake mix, 3 eggs, lemon juice, vanilla and milk. Pour into crust and bake at 300 degrees for 50 mins. Cool completely, Top with Pie Filling of your choice (Cherry, Apple, Blueberry, etc.)

*Cheese Cake Tips: Do not overbake cheese cake. After removing cheese cake from oven, it "sets", continues cooking and thickening until its completely cool. Also, try not to over mix the cake ingredients, mix only until combined. Excessive mixing will cause the cake to split while cooling.
    Enjoy!
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Hi A,

I do have a recipe for mini cheesecakes but it's not a "healthy" one so I looked for one since I am now craving for some LOL... I've found this recipe that is on this website: http://www.lowfatlifestyle.com/desserts/dessertrecipes/miniberrycheesecakes.htm

Mini Berry Cheesecakes
    So creamy and suprisingly low in calories!

• Nonstick spray coating
    • 1/3 cup crushed vanilla wafers (8 wafers)
    • 1-1/2 8-ounce tubs fat-free cream cheese, softened (12 ounces total)
    • 1/2 cup sugar (u can use Splenda)
    • 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
    • 1 teaspoon vanilla
    • 1/4 cup frozen egg product, thawed
    • 3/4 cup red raspberries; blueberries and/or sliced strawberries

Lightly coat 10 muffin cups with nonstick coating. Sprinkle bottom and sides of each cup with about 1 teaspoon of the crushed vanilla wafers. Set pan aside.

In a medium mixing bowl beat cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add sugar, flour, and vanilla. Beat on medium speed until smooth. Add egg product and beat on low speed just until combined. Divide evenly among the muffin cups.

Bake in a 325 degree F oven for 18 to 20 minutes or until set. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Cover and chill for 4 to 24 hours. Remove cheesecakes from the muffin cups. Just before serving, top cheesecakes with fresh fruit.

Per Serving: 101 Calories; 2g Fat (14.1% calories from fat); 1g Saturated Fat; 6g Protein; 16g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 4mg Cholesterol; 206mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates.

Serves 10
  • pamelawh
    Options
    make the recipe it will kill you. you actually get to enjoy what typically would be about two or three slices of any other cheesecake. it was great and i will make it again. if you took it to work or a holiday buffet you better make quite a few. its that good.
  • pamelawh
    Options
    this is for nomoreat3, what is the calorie break down for your recipe?
  • pamelawh
    Options
    for sanlin20
    i used to buy cheesecake too and i would end up eating the whole thing in a few days. i hate to tell you how many calories i was putting away. i luv cheesecake and this recipe i tried was fine for me. i also luv chocolate. i had to tell myself while i was eating it that i wasn't cheating.
  • helton1515
    Options
    thanks guys for all the posts. i cant wait for the holidays to come now..
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Very welcome helton.
    Hope I helped =)
  • ctucker07
    ctucker07 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I get a lot of recipes off the Kraft canada website. They have a healthy living section that has lots of great stuff. Here's a great cheesecake recipe from there.

http://www.kraftcanada.com/en/recipes/berry-berry-cake-88016.aspx