Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

So does anyone else have this problem?

Kenzoeee
Kenzoeee Posts: 10 Member
Literally 45 minutes after I eat, my stomach is already growling. I'm not hungry! :huh:
This started when I began eating healthy. (Asparagus, Salmon, Chicken, Green beans- all clean eating)
Am I not feeding myself fully, or is my stomach just getting used to eating this new diet?

Help! :grumble: :noway:

71670125.png

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,236 MFP Moderator
    This happens to me too sometimes. Usually its because I'm thirsty. :)
  • dlionsmane
    dlionsmane Posts: 674 Member
    There is not enough information to help you here. For instance how many calories are you eating total and per meal? Clean means many different things to everyone. I see no mention of grains, are you not eating any?
  • blukitten
    blukitten Posts: 922 Member
    I just posted a very similar topic in the general diet and weight loss forum,, you can read that one to see some of the responses I have gotten.. its titles "caloir mental block" see if thats what you have too
  • I think it's just your stomach digesting. The "growling" people's stomachs do is movement/churning that helps in digestion.
  • ehodgdend4
    ehodgdend4 Posts: 27 Member
    This happens to me too sometimes. Usually its because I'm thirsty.

This happens to me also, and i drink about 1.5-2 gallons a day and im not as hungry plus i eat a ton of spinach which can help if your hungry a lot of the times you can eat a whole bag and its like 11 carbs and 60 cals
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Your stomach is growling but you're not hungry? What's the issue that you're trying to solve? Perhaps your stomach is making noise due to increased fiber. Is it bothersome to you - painful, loud enough for co-workers to hear, etc? If so, see a doctor, get some GasX, give it some time, any of those. If not, ignore it - more than likely your body will adjust.
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    Sounds like gas....If you are eating at the appropriate calorie level your stomach isn't growling for food. Just digesting what you put in.
  • R_Woodruff
    R_Woodruff Posts: 74 Member
    Digestion? My stomach does the same thing. I can decifer between hungry growls and digestion growls. You may still be hungry (Idk anything about how your body works), but 45 min after lunch? It doesn't seem likely.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    It could be that you're not eating enough, or eating to fast. Or it could be indigestion.

When I try to eat raw baby carrots or apples or even sometimes almonds by themselves, I feel like I'm starving 5 minutes later but it's just indigestion. If I eat something else with those foods, like a sandwich or crackers, or pair the apple with the almonds, I'm fine. Not sure why, that's just how it works. Sometimes drinking warm water or tea helps too.

Also, growing could just be your stomach digesting.
  • AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    That happened to me until I started to better balance carbs, fat and protein. I need to make sure I have some of each in every meal. I find 40%carbs 30% fat 30% protein is my ideal macros for keeping me feeling good
  • frankenchops
    frankenchops Posts: 20 Member
    Hello,

Like some others have said, try drinking more water during the day. On days when I drink a gallon I'm not hungry and often find myself eating just to hit my calorie goal rather than because I'm hungry.
  • Spnneil06
    Spnneil06 Posts: 18,745 Member
    It never used to happen to me until I started losing weight! I feel full but my stomach growls...LOUD!
  • RSEC75
    RSEC75 Posts: 45 Member
    Have you significantly changed your diet to loose weight? Is it possible you have IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome)?

I do and I have several hours of growling stomach after eating if I eat certain food, for certain foods it's more than just growling it can turn into cramps, but other foods (and when I'm not stressed in any way) it's just a lot of action down there in the bowel.

The foods that trigger IBS are different in different people (and stress levels also change the severity of it) and to know it's that you would have to speak to a doctor, but for me green veg, and salad leaves are exactly what trigger it... so much for healthy eating! In my case I've had it since a young age but it can be brought on in later life.

If you've changed your diet to try and loose weight you could be eating more of something that triggers this. I never ate much veg as a child, especially green veg and at the age of 16 my mum gave up trying to make me. Looking back I know my mind associated it with an uncomfortable feeling but I did all I could to get out of eating it so didn't really realize there was a problem.

At 22 I moved into my in-laws house and to be polite I started eating whatever they served me, and they served veg with every meal. I assumed my growling, sometimes cramping stomach for hours afterward was because my body just wasn't used to it, it was years later during a time of stress, when I spent every evening doubled over in pain, that the doctor diagnosed IBS.

With trial and error I found I can eat root veg and things like butternut squash, but can't eat the green stuff (except asparagus strangely). I also can't eat raw apple & raw tomatoes (but can eat those cooked).

It might be nothing like that, but that's what I thought because that's what I get when I try to eat 'healthily'.
  • Kenzoeee
    Indigestion is exactly my problem! It doesn't do this when I have a lot of carbs or am not eating good. I guess it is just indigestion because of all the greens.. It just feels really weird because it's not a hunger growl. Especially when I know I just ate a balanced meal and my stomach is already growling and being annoying! I don't by any means want to be starving myself. Thank you for your help!
  • Kenzoeee
    Have you significantly changed your diet to loose weight? Is it possible you have IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome)?

I do and I have several hours of growling stomach after eating if I eat certain food, for certain foods it's more than just growling it can turn into cramps, but other foods (and when I'm not stressed in any way) it's just a lot of action down there in the bowel.

The foods that trigger IBS are different in different people (and stress levels also change the severity of it) and to know it's that you would have to speak to a doctor, but for me green veg, and salad leaves are exactly what trigger it... so much for healthy eating! In my case I've had it since a young age but it can be brought on in later life.

If you've changed your diet to try and loose weight you could be eating more of something that triggers this. I never ate much veg as a child, especially green veg and at the age of 16 my mum gave up trying to make me. Looking back I know my mind associated it with an uncomfortable feeling but I did all I could to get out of eating it so didn't really realize there was a problem.

At 22 I moved into my in-laws house and to be polite I started eating whatever they served me, and they served veg with every meal. I assumed my growling, sometimes cramping stomach for hours afterward was because my body just wasn't used to it, it was years later during a time of stress, when I spent every evening doubled over in pain, that the doctor diagnosed IBS.

With trial and error I found I can eat root veg and things like butternut squash, but can't eat the green stuff (except asparagus strangely). I also can't eat raw apple & raw tomatoes (but can eat those cooked).

It might be nothing like that, but that's what I thought because that's what I get when I try to eat 'healthily'.

Thank you so much!!! Your story helped me out a lot. I'm not used to this new diet and I just want to make sure I was doing it right. LOL. Anyways, I was thinking the same thing, "this is what I get for trying to eat better!" Ugh! So, annoying!!