40/30/30 Meal Plan Help

Options
Hi everyone,

I have 80-85 pounds to lose. It was recently suggested to me that I try the 40/30/30 way of eating which seems to be or is similar to the "Zone" diet. I realize I have a lot to learn about foods as many options I thought were healthy turned out to be not great. I am starting to feel over whelmed (especially with adding exercise into my schedule for the first time). Another problem that I am having is I hate fish, yogurt, almonds and walnuts which seem to be in every meal plan! I have to eat gluten free which doesn't look like it will be a big problem on this diet.
I am hoping to find someone who has been eating this way and can offer me their meal plan so I have a plan until I can look into this/ better understand how much protein is in food items and so on...

Replies

• heyjude345
    heyjude345 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I don't have any suggestions about the 40/30/30 eating plan, but I would suggest first giving MFP time to work. It doesn't restrict your foods, so you don't have to worry about eating things you don't enjoy. Simply log all your food and exercise and stay within the parameters set up by the app. Honestly, I can't think of anything easier and I, along with many others have been successful with it. Good luck...and feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like. My diary is open.