Meal Replacement Options

Options
Just curious... has anyone had any experience (good or bad) using meal replacements? Whether it be shakes, bars, etc... just looking to hear what people have tried.

Thanks!

Replies

• skaterickets
    Options
    Like most things it's been a little bit of both for me:

Good:
    -Convenient
    -Taste good(mostly)
    -Easy to figure out cals/macros

Bad:
    -Not as filling as making your own meals
    -Not much control over ingredients

In the end I figured I'm better off without them. I'm really picky and hate having to chow down something with artificial sweetners or trans fats so I compromise and make my own bars and shakes, having control is a great thing. There's tons of recipes, and you can even come up with your own.
  • kingwoodchris
    kingwoodchris Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have been replacing breakfast with Shakeology and with my workout I have lost 52lbs in the last 3 months. It tastes good and gives me the energy right through to lunchtime. I don't have drops and crashes anymore since I started using the shakes as well.

If you would like to know more let me know!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    The issue I have with meal replacement drinks is that you don't learn anything about making balanced meals and potion control... Plus some of them are full of crap and not particularly healthy anyway.
  • kiltedgiraffe1
    kiltedgiraffe1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I use them as snacks...or when I need something in a hurry. Once a day or a few times a week. I think they are fine when you are concerned about the source of your food or your macros. I use the lower sugar Kind Bars and Primal Fuel.
  • whovian67
    whovian67 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Make my own shake for breakfast cuz its fast and easy and full of fiber & I can control the amount of Protein, Sodium and Sugars I am adding..... (on the go)
  • amcmillan730
    amcmillan730 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Just having a hard time getting some of my meal choices under control - so thinking of replacing a meal with a shake.