Potluck ideas please??

Options
We are having a Christmas potluck next week here at work...any recipe ideas for me??
thanks!! :drinker:

Replies

• JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    deviled ( sp?) eggs
    Bruschetta
    salad - Maybe a fancy one with nutts and fruits and a vinagarette dressing

just some ideas :)
  • Suzy12
    Suzy12 Posts: 284
    Options
    I made this for a potluck and it went over very well! You might question the ingredients, but go with it, and trust me. It's really good, and relatively healthy!

http://www.grouprecipes.com/79159/braised-red-cabbage-with-cranberries.html

Unless you have to bring a specific food group. If you do, send me a msg.
  • Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Fruit Pizza!

Make a sugar cookie crust, apply a combo of fat free cream cheese w/ light or fat free cool whip, spread over cooked sugar cookie crust, top with colorful fruits! NUM NUM!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I made an apple salad last year and it was well-liked, it was granny smith apples cubed and mixed with vanilla pudding and walnuts. It wasn't the healthiest thing but it was better than some choices!
    also, at my work we don't have a kitchen so it's easier to bring cold things, otherwise you have to have something in a crockpot and there's not any plug-ins at the buffet.
  • mcrawley22
    Options
    thanks for the ideas!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Had a potluck today and I brought the boring veggie tray but it is actually one of the things that is going as too many people brought baked goods they are just kind of sitting around.
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Roasted brussels sprouts! (seriously!)...They're good cool, can have a honey-mustard dipping sauce, and are quick..
  • Suzy12
    Suzy12 Posts: 284
    Options
    Roasted brussels sprouts! (seriously!)...They're good cool, can have a honey-mustard dipping sauce, and are quick..

Oh I'm there on this one!!!
  • damselndistress
    Options
    I always bring a HUGE veggie tray to potlucks. That way I know there's something there that I can fill up on without using too many calories.
  • mcrawley22
    Options
    anybody have any ideas for dips??
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    you want something healthy? I don't think this qualifies but I just had it and it is tasty:
    Spinach dip
    1 pack frozen chopped spinach
    1 small can sliced water chestnuts, chopped
    1 pack dry vegetable soup mix
    1 cup mayonnaise
    1 cup sour cream

After spinach is thawed and drained, mix everything together and chill at least 2 hours. Serve in sourdough bread bowl with sliced bagette.
  • mcrawley22
    Options
    yum yum yum!! love spinach dip!!