This is what I need to know..

Options
So I'm five foot zero and right now I am 129 pounds...not the weight I want to be. All I want to know is how do I get a flat tummy that's pretty much the one thing I dislike about my body.

Replies

• JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    cardio cardio cardio...and HEALTHY foods, low sodium
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    So I'm five foot zero and right now I am 129 pounds...not the weight I want to be. All I want to know is how do I get a flat tummy that's pretty much the one thing I dislike about my body.

Burn fat and do core exercises. At our height and weight (I'm 5'2" at around 130) we don't have much room to work with so I think exercise will be the best bet. I have the same issue. Even when I was 120 I had a terrible belly. But I didn't exercise back then.

But stay away from too many carbs and fats.

Just saw the sodium thing. Definitely low sodium. Too much makes us retain water and as women that is already an issue.
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Stair stepper set on the highest incline,the plank and push-ups. No soda, whole grain everything and nothing out of a box,too much sodium. Good Luck!
  • Liivii
    Liivii Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thank You!!!!!!
  • grouch201
    grouch201 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    It's already been said, but I'll echo for the sake of emphasis: Cardio and core exercises. Anything in a plank (push up) position hits your core hard core. High knees and mummy kicks are good in-place exercises that will get y our heart pumping. I know cardio can be brutal if you don't like to run, but there are lots of alternatives. Biking, hill climbing, elipticle, rowing machines, and such are all good. I've been doing insanity, and it's doing wonders for my mid section, but it can be kind of pricey. For about half the cost you can get Shawn's Hip Hop Abs. I haven't tried it, but it looks like it will help you get what you're looking for. Here's a link: http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/hip_hop_abs.do
  • Uptopargolf
    Options
    It's already been said, but I'll echo for the sake of emphasis: Cardio and core exercises. Anything in a plank (push up) position hits your core hard core. High knees and mummy kicks are good in-place exercises that will get y our heart pumping. I know cardio can be brutal if you don't like to run, but there are lots of alternatives. Biking, hill climbing, elipticle, rowing machines, and such are all good. I've been doing insanity, and it's doing wonders for my mid section, but it can be kind of pricey. For about half the cost you can get Shawn's Hip Hop Abs. I haven't tried it, but it looks like it will help you get what you're looking for. Here's a link: http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/hip_hop_abs.do

Just try to remember you can spot target fat loss. So doing core exercises is great but it will not make your belly go away. The only way to do that would be to lose body fat, which you do by doing cardio, and strength training. Of course doing insanity will make your mid section smaller because that program is helping you lose body fat. But just doing.. Shawn's Hip Hop Abs, may not get the same results.

You don't need programs of any sort really.. Although I love P90X. You need to eat a VERY clean diet like said above, and do your exercise. The diet is extremely important.