Foodie Looking for Diet Buddies

Hey!

I'm a foodie. I work in food, cook from scratch, grow my own... I love food.

But I'm nudging ever higher, the trousers get bigger and bigger and I need to lose 62lbs!

Both my parents/grandparents all ended up diabetic and I am determined not to join them.

Wherever you are, male/female older or younger let's support each other?

Shane

London, UK

Replies

• prima073
    prima073 Posts: 93 Member
    Hello there!

You can add me if you'd like; I'm on here everyday and my diary is open!
  • You're welcome to add me! :)
  • jwats8
    jwats8 Posts: 112
    Hi Shane!!

You can add me if you like!

Jesse
  • wkwebby
    wkwebby Posts: 807 Member
    Sounds good! You can add me if you'd like! I just love to eat. I wouldn't call myself a foodie, but close, I've done some sampling and can be somewhat discerning.

I was skinny for most of my life and slowly inched up after I hit 35. I am determined to get back to a healthy weight (I'm considered overweight by the BMI charts). I'm also predisposed to diabetes and don't want it for as long as I can fight it off. I'm always looking for the carb alternatives. Yay for the support!:drinker:
  • Hi there. Best of luck with it. Add me if you like.
  • Flyingfree83
    Flyingfree83 Posts: 60 Member
    I have the same problem. My husband is a chef so he's always coming up with new recipes. I unfortunately have a sweet tooth so this has piled on the pounds.
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    I'm more of a sporadic foodie. Dabbling into foodie territory when time and opportunity arise.

If there's something on the menu I've never had before - I will probably try it. Didn't work out with the sardines, but has worked out hundreds of other times. Probably why I'm on this site.

Feel free to add me. My diary is open to friends so you can check out what I eat and I'd love to *steal* ideas from any foodie's diary. Because... food is awesome and any food I eat now should be food I was willing to eat a week ago.