Kind bars, good snack for losing weight?

Options
I usually eat one kind bar a day (I prefer the chocolate peanut butter one). Would you say kind bars are a good snack choice when trying to lose weight since they are generally filling and have a lot of protein? The ones I buy are 200 calories but if it's filling I think it's ok to eat. Thoughts?

Replies

• trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    as long as they don't put you over your calorie goal, sure.

if you have 200 calories to throw at a bar, roll on with it. :)
  • marissanik
    marissanik Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Why not! I prefer Quest or Pure Protein but iifym
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Kind bars are as good as anything else for snacks. As long as you eat within your virus deficit, it doesn't matter what you eat.
  • numinousnymph
    numinousnymph Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Yup, they're totally fine if they fit into your calorie allowance for the day.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I love them! The dark chocolate/cherry are my fav!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i think they are pretty low in protein (10g is the highest but most are around 3-5 g :grumble: )

i'd rather have think thin bars.. same calories but 15-20g of protein. BAM!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    as long as they don't put you over your calorie goal, sure.

if you have 200 calories to throw at a bar, roll on with it. :)

Yup, yup.

But yeah, I wouldn't mind if they had more protein but then they'd probably not be as yummy.
  • Cheesecake2015
    Options
    I think so. If it keeps you full and satisfied then enjoy it! :smile: I prefer fiber one bars myself. :tongue:
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Kind bars are as good as anything else for snacks. As long as you eat within your calorie deficit, it doesn't matter what you eat.
    The above was supposed to say "calorie" deficit. Darned auto fill on my Kindle.
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    in for kind bars. ate kashi bars for a while, but find kind bars more satisfying and healthier when comparing ingredients. also, mens health magazine rated them one of their top foods in some study.
  • RHachicho
    RHachicho Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    I have a new found obsession with propercorn popcorn. 100 - 130 calories and actually quite good calories when it comes down to it.
  • tiffanybrooks530
    tiffanybrooks530 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I love Kind bars, just started the Kind granola, the cinnamon flax is my fav right now, love it with yogurt. :tongue:
  • kevinsmithrn
    kevinsmithrn Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I love the dark choc and sea salt - they only have 4 gram sugar!
  • redversustheblue
    redversustheblue Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    i think they are pretty low in protein (10g is the highest but most are around 3-5 g :grumble: )

i'd rather have think thin bars.. same calories but 15-20g of protein. BAM!

Kind bars are so good, but for the amount of calories they have, they simply do not have enough protein for me. I go for Quest bars instead. But I keep seeing Kind bars being referred to as protein bars when they have very little protein in them.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Kind bars are as good as anything else for snacks. As long as you eat within your calorie deficit, it doesn't matter what you eat.
    The above was supposed to say "calorie" deficit. Darned auto fill on my Kindle.
    Thanks, I was dying to know what a virus deficit was, or what auto-corrected to 'virus'! :laugh:
  • jopalis
    jopalis Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I like the Zone Perfect cinnamon roll and almond raisin. I love the Atkins coconut almond. Like an almond joy..
  • queenierz
    queenierz Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I prefer Quest bars- there's a 160-calorie one and tastes awesome! However, I found out that the protein bars are snack bars with protein, and so it's for healthy snacking. Therefore, don't go overboard with it! Protein shakes are better for post-workout, but again, if you need more protein and snacking with flavors, then go for the bars.
  • kevinsmithrn
    kevinsmithrn Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Quest - I just saw everybodies post about the quest bars so I cruised over to their website... Wow 20 grams protein and only 1 gram sugar for 170 cals! Thanks guys.
  • ldy_78
    ldy_78 Posts: 61
    Options
    Yep, I agree with the quest fan club. Those are my go to... although there has been some negative press about quest falsifying info on their labels. However, the falsification is reported to be minimal which means the bars are pretty much top tier. The kind bars are tasty and additive/chemical free. All pluses in my book. Yeah, if you got the cals to spare, go for it.
  • TAsunder
    TAsunder Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Just started trying these after buying a box of them at costco. So far I would say kind bars are great if you want to eat something that has a lot of protein yet somehow tastes like a glorified rice cake.