No white flour?

Options
2»

Replies

• sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    I am going to mildly disagree with the others. I stopped eating anything processed years ago (like 15 years ago) I went from a size 18 to a size 14 with very little effort. Then I started working out and I went to a size 4.

I still don't eat processed food. I gained 30 pounds on medical steroids that did my illness no good. Without the processed foods my fat size is a size 12 and my normal size is a 4. With processed foods my fat size was a size 18 and my normal size was a 14.

That's just my two cents.

People will disagree with me, but process carbs and foods makes me crave more food. Unprocessed foods cut the cravings. So maybe I was eating more with processed foods? I completely dropped sugar. I don't even care to have it unless I start eating it again. When I am normal, I'll eat really dark chocolate on occasion and I won't crave more.

BUT BUT BUT...calories in calories out and deficits is what makes one lose weight.

You logged your food for one day this week, everything you ate was processed.

shots fired! LOL
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    Your friend is extremely ignorant. There is nothing wrong with white flour.

Well I don't know if her friend is ignorant or not but I can't really see how you can say there is NOTHING wrong with white flour. It's highly processed and isn't exactly the best thing you can put in your body.
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options

People will disagree with me, but process carbs and foods makes me crave more food. Unprocessed foods cut the cravings.

I won't disagree with this because I have the same problem. But not everyone does have this issue and those who don't will look at you like you're mad. And some people have different trigger foods. Though it's true I've yet to talk to anyone who complains carrots make her ravenous for the rest of the day!

If everyone looked carefully at their diet and took out of daily use all the foods that make them hungrier after they eat them rather than less hungry (whatever those foods may be) it would probably be easier for most of us to lose or maintain.

That said, as I get closer and closer to goal weight, I find my cravings have simply morphed. I won't feed my body cheesecake, but it wants sugar and it wants calories, so now the molasses I bought for baking is getting downed by the spoonful. My fault for bringing it into the house. I thought it would be fine because I never got into it when I was a kid, but now I remember why. The syrup makes the lid stick and I didn't used to be strong enough to open it! I also have a scary capacity for trail mix. In a matter of hours I can eat thousands and thousands of calories of homemade, chocolate-free trail mix.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    People will disagree with me, but process carbs and foods makes me crave more food.

This is probably true for some but not for all. For me it is. That said it does not change the underlying mechanism, it's still a matter of energy in vs energy out...
  • srodriguez416
    srodriguez416 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    shots fired! LOL
    [/quote]

:laugh:
  • srodriguez416
    srodriguez416 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    People will disagree with me, but process carbs and foods makes me crave more food.

This is probably true for some but not for all. For me it is. That said it does not change the underlying mechanism, it's still a matter of energy in vs energy out...

So do you think the science behind it (for some) is that it is a trigger food? Not eating white flour would cause a calorie deficit because it would prevent some people from eating more?