I need help with this last 25 pounds

Options
I need some opinions myfitnesspals. My last 50 pounds lost has been a fight after losing 150 pounds easily through diet and doing cardio. After reading that gaining muscle will help lose stubborn fat I decided to change up my routine and factor in weight training at least once a week. I also do interval training and lots of walking to help burn fat. As a result in the last three weeks I've dropped 6 pounds the first week, then lost nothing the second week and have now gained 2.5 pounds the third week but my fat percentage is still going down. I see this as I'm gaining muscle and losing fat, am I understanding this correctly? Will the pounds start to drop later?

Thanks

Replies

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,715 Member
    Options
    Well, you'll soon start receiving replies about how you don't gain muscle mass that quickly, blah, blah, blah, so I'll skip that part.

I would definitely start adding MORE lifting to your routine. Starting with one day is good, but to continue to make progress weight lifting is a great way to go. Good luck!
  • Killdascale
    Killdascale Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I forgot to add I was not taking measurements which I know is another way to tell, but from this point on I will take weekly measurements also. I do know I had a pair of shorts purchased at my current weight a month ago but I could barely pull them up completely, and definitely not snap. They now go on easily and snap at the waist but are a little tight in that area. This is the other reason I was guessing the muscle option.
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    When you first embark on a new exercise program your body tends to show a gain on the scales due to water & glycogen retention.

Edited to add - If you've stopped losing weight it's because you are no longer eating at a calorie deficit. You may find it helps more to re-jig your numbers.
  • Killdascale
    Killdascale Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I think my assumption was correct. I am looking leaner to the point people are asking did I lose weight, and I've gone down a notch in my belt which is always good. From this point on I'll continue to weigh myself but won't stress if pounds aren't lost. I'll be more than happy with a lean version of myself at the same weight.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    wow, Congratulations! What a fantastic job. Sounds like you are retaining water, it will come.