Please Help,, Need Help!!!

Options
Ok so I am trying to figure out what my daily calories should be. What I have been doing is low carb- high protien at 1887 cals a day. It isnt working and I am not losing,, actually have gained some that I thought was water weight but it should have come back off by now.

So MFP = Goal - 2050 per day with a 543 cal burn everyday at lightly active, working out 6 days a week- 45 min each workout

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/ = Using the following - 32 yr old/F/ 317 lbs/ 67 in./ 3-5 hrs moderate excercise/ 5 meals per day = BMR - 2194, TDEE - 3401, Daily Cals based on goal - 2720

http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/ - Same demographics- excercise 6 times a week = BMR-1900, TDEE = 2862, results- 2544 Cals per day @ 5 meals per day

Gym Program= BMR from a body comp machine = 1828, suggestion from trainer/mgr of gym= take 100-200 off the BMR and excercise 6 days a week @45 min per day at a PER at 12-16 (and what I had MFP set to before I investigated/asked a question on MFP)

FitBit- Calories left for today based on fitbit calculation- 2393- cals burned so far - 542

I know I am over complicating it,, yes I have read the sexypants, dont over complicate, getting started posts on the subject. Still confused. Just want to know what to set MFP to so that it is in line with my Fitbit,, but want to set it at something that will work!! And what I have been doing for the last month hasnt been working-- was down to 311 now back up to 317-- had one cheat day a while ago but the water weight from that should have come off by now.. PLEASE HELP!!

Thank you for any an all input!! I will also open my diary so people who want to look at it can if that will help!

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    How long have you been at it. Has there been any loss yet?
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Why not take the average of all those numbers and use that?

They're all estimates anyway. Set it to the average, stay there for 4-6 weeks and if you don't see any change, then reassess.
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    when i started on may 1, i was 40% body fat, but every calculation like BMI, BMR and what have you figured me at 30.5%, which is almost 25% less body fat than i actually had, which also meant they were figuring me at more lean muscle than i had. and that meant all the online calcs were giving me too many calories to lose weight. i ended up tweaking my calories till i started losing weight.
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Why not let myfitnesspal set up the numbers. I was 272 and started out at 2100 calories.