I want to do a colon cleanse without starving myself?

Options
13»

Replies

• jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    My reasons for wanting to do it are not for fat/weight loss but because of the side effects that having an "unclean" colon. It causes fatigue, sometimes pain, bloating, etc. I want to do it for health reasons and not for weight loss reasons

If you feel like you need to do something about these symptoms, you should probably talk to your doctor about them.

Agreed. ^^^
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    My reasons for wanting to do it are not for fat/weight loss but because of the side effects that having an "unclean" colon. It causes fatigue, sometimes pain, bloating, etc. I want to do it for health reasons and not for weight loss reasons

If you feel like you need to do something about these symptoms, you should probably talk to your doctor about them.

Agreed. ^^^

Can't argue with this logic.
  • ActuarialChef
    ActuarialChef Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options

Could you explain what you mean by "unclean colon"? Cuz about the only time someone's colon is squeaky clean is after a colonoscopy prep, and that's because they're going to stick a camera up your bum and have a look around to check for diseases or problems. Your colon is supposed to be "dirty", that's where poop is made.

NV Natural Calm (Magnesium Citrate) works for me. 2 teaspoons in a cup of boiling water twice a day. I don't use it so much as cleansing tool but it keeps me regular.

I had to drink a whole bottle of magnesium citrate once. Whoa, Nelly. That stuff will clean you out like nobody's business. You have to dedicate a whole night to the john.

Colonoscopy prep? Yup, that stuff will get you squeaky clean. (It had better, otherwise you have to do it again when they reschedule the procedure because you weren't clean enough)

Yepp the only reason you should be "cleaning" your colon is for a colonoscopy (or some iteration of a colonoscopy) prep. Trust me, it is NOT fun.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options

That would be related to your diet, not having an "unclean" colon.
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    I ate a donut for the first time in a year, as well as take-out (rather than homemade) coffee. That did the job, but I can't say I have any "good effects" of a cleanse. The donut made me feel more fatigued, mentally unclear, etc. I can't understand how people can have a coffee and a donut every day for breakfast. You can get a free donut everyday on your AARP card, but I think it's a plot to kill Baby Boomers.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Can we play pretend colon cleanse so the placebo effect will kick in?

I've got my online med license and a plastic house we can use as a doctor's office

LAUGHS!
  • WreckaRed
    WreckaRed Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the laughs this morning :-)
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    My suggestion is to forget this BS and allow your colon to cleanse itself.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Are you having a colonoscopy? Do you have IBD or IBS-C? If not, no reason to do a colon cleanse.
  • krlynch157
    Options
    There are multiple options for colon cleanses. Although a colon cleanse does not, per say, make one lose weight it does regulate the enzymes within the colon and breaks down any build up or toxins that can be stored within it. So no, a "dirty" colon is not "hogwash". Everything builds up plaque and needs a fresh new start just like any new vehicle needs to be regularly maintenanced. I know that advocare has a detox item, but if you're wanting to go for something cheap I would suggest going to a herbal or vitamin store. They ALWAYS have plenty to choose from.

Hope I was of some help!
  • wolf_tickets
    wolf_tickets Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    ...Although a colon cleanse does not, per say, make one lose weight it does regulate the enzymes within the colon and breaks down any build up or toxins that can be stored within it. ...Everything builds up plaque and needs a fresh new start just like any new vehicle needs to be regularly maintenanced.
    ............................................________
    ....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
    .............................,.-"..................................."-.,
    .........................,/...............................................":,
    .....................,?......................................................,
    .................../...........................................................,}
    ................./......................................................,:`^`..}
    .............../...................................................,:"........./
    ..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
    ............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
    .........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
    ..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
    ...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
    ...,,,___.`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
    ............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
    ............/.`~,......`-...................................../
    .............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__
    ,,_..........}.>-._...................................|..............`=~-,
    .....`=~-,__......`,.................................
    ...................`=~-,,.,...............................
    ................................`:,,...........................`..............__
    .....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
    ........................................_..........._,-%.......`
  • susanhallberg
    susanhallberg Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    What you really need to do is to identify what foods are causing the bloating, pain, etc. A MUCH better option is to do a 21 Day Tummy diet. What it does is eliminate the foods short term that are scientifically known to cause these symptoms. It has nothing to do with your colon. Some foods have natural fermentation properties. Once you have eliminated the known "Belly Bullies" as they are called, you slowly re-introduce them until you identify which ones give you personal fits.

There are lots of great, normal foods you can eat, and you will probably also lose weight on it. I'm doing it now and lost about 3 pounds as I am 9 days into it and feel much better and am losing my belly. The book I chose to follow is called the 21-Day Tummy Diet. It's a ebook on Amazon if you're interested. You can look at my food logs over the last two weeks if you want to see what kinds of foods I have been eating.