Blisters on my arch

Options
kjarvo
kjarvo Posts: 235 Member
I keep getting blisters on my arch after about 4k running. I have a few pairs of twin skin socks and they do help, but I think it is my trainers. I think they are too narrow for my feet, which aren't particularly wide. They are standard Nike running trainers that are moulded at the arch. I don't have flat feet, but they aren't particularly high (based on other people in ballet but I don't know how it compares to runners).

However, the blisters keep occurring on the inside of my arch. My feet do look like they bulge a little over the shoe, but this is only from trying to figure out the problem and I wouldn't have said it was a problem otherwise as I wear them for zumba fine. I do occasionally get pain in my arch if I tie them too tight, which I also get from climbing shoes.

On the other hand, I bought some £5 trainers to try out because they were so cheap, which I leave at my parents house. I have worn them a few times now and took them on holiday for running. I didn't get any blisters from these trainers, but they aren't running trainers. The insole is completely flat inside. Is it okay to wear flat insoles or do I *need* is arch support? as that is what is always recommended for people with low arches.

The trainers would be fine, but I am not sure if the sole is supportive enough, I can press it in as it is quite soft and spongy.

They are these

53584d2f73345.jpg
$_57.JPG

Or should I just bite the bullet and get some new ones fitted in a running shop? I begrudge spending £80 if the same thing will happen.