Wii Zumba to shed this weight!

erincraig
erincraig Posts: 10
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
It is only the first week of December and I have gained 5 pounds:( I was loosing weight like crazy when I was attending a Zumba class a couple times a week. We are down to one car and so I haven't been able to make it to class...since then the weight has been slowly coming back. My husband just got me the Zumba Fitness for Wii and I love it. It is just like a class! Anyone out there have it as well and would like to join me each day? I was going to do 20 minutes 3 days a week but I have so much fun that I am doing 20/5 days a week. Join in...do what you can and lets watch the weight come off before Christmas instead of more holiday gaining!!!

Replies

• You're awesome! Whatever it takes, right? I just started a job, and now am going to the Y at *gulp* 6am Tues/Thurs for Zumba. It's a lot of fun, and I'm so glad the Y is adding classes that cater to working women! Keep up the good work, and let's shed some pounds this month!
  • Amber030583
    Amber030583 Posts: 490 Member
    Do you do this with the regular wii controls or with the motion plus one?
  • Amber030583
    Amber030583 Posts: 490 Member
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,870 Member
    That is on my Christmas wishlist - hopefully I get it because I love Zumba (even though I have ZERO rhythm or coordination).
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    I ahve read so many rave reviews about the Zumba for Wii that I would LOVE to ger it, but have been advised against it due to my head injury & lack of balance. The same goes for Michael Jackson's The Experience Wii game. :sad:
    So I'll just have to find another way to lose the weight & brag to my MFP friends about it when I do.
  • Stewie316
    Stewie316 Posts: 266 Member
    I just purchased Wii Zumba yesterday and did the 20 minute beginner class. It was so fun, I've never had so much fun playing any of the Wii exercise games. I was surprised that it was a real workout, I was sweating my butt off. I'm looking forward to getting home tonight and doing it again. I think I need to buy some more Wii dance games.
  • midonhau
    midonhau Posts: 108 Member
    Where did u purchase the Wii Zumba?
  • midonhau
    midonhau Posts: 108 Member
    That is on my Christmas wishlist - hopefully I get it because I love Zumba (even though I have ZERO rhythm or coordination).

I attended a zumba class and 90% of us had no coordination. We had fun though and man did I break a sweat!
  • Stewie316

I'm not sure what the motion one's are, but it comes with a belt that you put around your waist and you put the regular wii controller in the belt.
  • Stewie316
    Where did u purchase the Wii Zumba?

I got it at Game Stop for $40.
  • kvr414
    kvr414 Posts: 111
    i got mine at target for about $40 too.
  • waguchan
    waguchan Posts: 450 Member
    I got it on Amazon.com for less than $30. I will try it tonight for the first time.

It looks like it is currently sold out on Amazon.com and some bad 3rd party sellers are trying to sell it for $70-$150 plus shipping. So don't pay that!
  • muth3rluvx2
    muth3rluvx2 Posts: 1,156 Member
    They have it for PS3 also and omg, I want it! I paid to go to a class but it's at a time and location that's just too far for me to get to every week. But we need the whole camera/controller kit first. I'm HOPING that that's what's sitting under our tiny tree right now!
  • dino1147
    dino1147 Posts: 178 Member
    I have trouble with my controller in my waist belt, anyone else? I just got my Wii Zumba for Christmas (woohoo), but I must be wearing it wrong because I'm constantly hitting the buttons on accident. Any advice?
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    I got Zumba for PS3 Move for Christmas and I just did it for the first time. I LOVED it! Just strapped the belt to my waist and put the controller in the pocket on the belt...never had a problem hitting the controller or anything. I think this will definitely help me lose some weight! I have JM 30DS and P90X but I like to mix up my workouts and I'm mainly a runner anyways...so on the days I can't run it's hard to get myself to do P90X or 30Day Shred at home, but Zumba is so fun that I will definitely get in a lot more workouts now!
  • lwebsmfp
    lwebsmfp Posts: 297 Member
    I was going to buy the Zumba DVD set to use but it seems a lot of you are really satisfied with the Zumba for Wii. So, I'm going to give that a shot. I can't wait to try it. It looks like it'll be good fun!
  • dino1147
    dino1147 Posts: 178 Member
    OK i adjusted the belt a little lower last night and it worked perfect! Did the beginner workout and it was awesome. I haven't sweat like that in years and I feel great! Can't wait until tonight!

Does anyone have any idea how many calories I am burning? I"m at 218 right now and doing the 20 minute beginner workout.
  • muth3rluvx2
    muth3rluvx2 Posts: 1,156 Member
    I got the Move & Zumba just as I wanted.

Finally got around to actually doing some workout today. Only half of the beginner because I've seriously & majorly fallen off the wagon this last month or so..... won't get into all the gory details but it's going to be a while before I can catch up & do the full 20 minutes full throttle on just the beginner.

Some things I really like about the PS3 version - and I'd guess the Wii has it also - is the calendar & goal tracker. As far as calories, seems like an HRM is still in order since everyone is different and works out at different rates. I'm kinda' slow right now so my HR won't be as high as someone full-on for the same amount of time at the same height & weight. For now, I'm just going to with what's pre-set in here, even though I know it's not accurate and each day will bring something different.

enjoy all!
  • I got the Zumba for Wii and love it. It's an awesome workout. The only thing I have noticed is it's sometimes hard to keep up with the moves. I have never done Zumba before though. I'm sure I'll get it down.
This discussion has been closed.