INSANITY workout guilt?!

Options
So I started insanity and I just finished day 3. During the workout, I was pouring sweat, out of breath, muscles burning... I could definitely feel it. Being 50-60 lbs overweight, I can't exactly keep up with their pace. I have to take breaks to let my heart rate go down. When I'm done with the workout I can't help but feel like I could have worked harder. I feel almost ashamed that I didn't try harder to move faster. This happens every time, almost to the point that I want to do the DVD again or hop on the treadmill. I tell myself "Work for progress, not perfection," but it doesn't always work.
Has anyone else had these feelings with insanity or any other workout plan? How do I get past the feeling of guilt? I don't know how to tell myself I'm doing an okay job.

XO

Replies

• Independent8652
    Options
    If you can make it through the video with breaks. You are awesome. Don't forget no one is perfect and those videos are exactly what the name says insane. I have tried them, but after day 2 and feeling like I should have done more and sweat dripping from every pore in my body with no improvement. I gave up. waiting on movers to arrive to try it again. Congratulations for sticking to it. Definitely not easy.
  • bv109
    bv109 Posts: 83
    Options
    i dont push myself hard enough so i wouldnt know
  • tonydivine1
    Options
    congrats on your progress! and I know exactly how you feel, I've been doing insanity for almost a month and slowly ive been getting better and taking fewer breaks, and sometimes I do feel like I can do more but you have to give your body a chance to recover. Form over speed, each day getting stronger and stronger
  • healthyfoxx
    healthyfoxx Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I have to remind myself that it isn't a race. It isn't a perfection contest, and I'm not competing with anyone to see how fast I can lose weight. I don't need to be 100% all the time in all areas. It's a difficult way of thinking for a lot of people (myself included).

If I get through the workout and feel like did what I set out to do - great! If I get through it, but feel like it was an "off" day, that is still great, because I at least did SOMETHING when it is so easy to do nothing. Hell, even if I can't complete the workout all the way, it is still a positive thing because I at least got out there and tried it. I can always try again the next day.