not really losing weight

Options
I have dramatically improved my diet and would like to lose around 6kgs. I have been doing MFP religiously for almost a month and have started going to the gym 3-4 times a week. I haven't really lost much weight so far. My diary is open...is there anything else you suggest I do?

Replies

• skinnyjaneo
    skinnyjaneo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi AntRobertson, I lost around 2kgs but went back up another 600g this morning
  • skinnyjaneo
    skinnyjaneo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    ps thanks for your help!
  • VCopple
    VCopple Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Remember that you did not gain it all at once, so you don't want to lose it all at once. Weight loss is a marathon. You have to constantly work at it and think of it as a lifestyle change.

With that being said, try taking your measurements. Are your pants looser? Do your shirts fit better? Muscle weighs more than fat, so you could be gaining more muscle and losing the fat.

For me what works really well is eating a large amount of protein in the morning. I find that if I eat carbs like waffles or cereal in the morning, by the afternoon I crave sweets. If I eat protein, fiber and veggies in the morning, I almost never crave sweets later in the day, and I also stay full longer, so I don't snack as much.
  • Aikigoth
    Aikigoth Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'd consider upping your protein a bit. Its supposed to help keep lean body mass while dieting.

Also, all your exercise is really low calorie. Remember, we burn a sit number of calories an hour just breathing. Find what your number is and subtract that from the walks. That is how much additional energy you burned. Otherwise, you are just eating back sitting calories.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,012 Member
    Options
    I just Googled it and 2kg is about 4 pounds, right? In one month? That's great! As the others have said, patience is key, and weight loss isn't linear. Keep it up, you are doing great :drinker:
  • Bebubble
    Bebubble Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    You wanna know why you haven't lost more in a MONTH? If 2kg is 4 lbs THATS HUGE! Some people are on here for years. As you are growing older the slower your metabolism is getting. So it will become harder and hared to lose as you age.
  • smarieallen85
    smarieallen85 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah! 4 pounds a month ain't bad. Your diary looks nice a thorough! congrats.