p90x (Ab Ripper) Question?

Options
I do Zumba and jogging on the tradmill as my regular excercise. I was wondering if I only do the ab ripper workout would it give me good results (I want to workout my abs to tighten them up) . Or do I have to do the whole p90x program?

Replies

• Gogo76
    Gogo76 Posts: 581
    Options
    I do the ab ripper workout some times to mix it up a bit. Beware! It is hard!! :flowerforyou:
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Doing Ab Ripper in conjuction with a good cardio program would help strengthen your abdominal wall. If you don't already have Ab Ripper you can follow along with people on youtube or could probably find the individual DVD on Ebay.
  • Uptopargolf
    Options
    I do Zumba and jogging on the tradmill as my regular excercise. I was wondering if I only do the ab ripper workout would it give me good results (I want to workout my abs to tighten them up) . Or do I have to do the whole p90x program?

Well it will give you a great core workout!

However, the only way to have a nice flat stomach is to lose body fat. So don't think that just doing core workouts will slim you down. The diet is very very important. You'll need to lower your body fat percentage to slim your stomach down.
  • SaraTN
    SaraTN Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    In addition to the Ab Ripper X I think incorporating Core Synergistics would be beneficial as well. In addition to Ebay you could check your local library to see if they have a copy of the full program. Personally, I am a fan of the program so I am a little biased and I think if you want to see/get the results of the program - doing the full program would be the ideal. However if you are looking for a good core program to incorporate then the ARX and Core Synergistics are great.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    In addition to the Ab Ripper X I think incorporating Core Synergistics would be beneficial as well. In addition to Ebay you could check your local library to see if they have a copy of the full program. Personally, I am a fan of the program so I am a little biased and I think if you want to see/get the results of the program - doing the full program would be the ideal. However if you are looking for a good core program to incorporate then the ARX and Core Synergistics are great.

Would have to agree with this. I love Core Synergistics. Didn't know what core was until I did P90X.
  • ItsNatastic
    ItsNatastic Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I agree, core synergistics in addition to AbRipperX will definately give you a good core/abdominal workout. I like ARX because it's fast and effective, but core is where it's at! I pour sweat from that one, and it reaches every muscle group in your core.
  • GiGi76
    GiGi76 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    I agree.... Core and ARX would be great!!! ;-) I love Core but have a love/hate relationship with ARX!!!!
  • bgtorres
    bgtorres Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input everyone:) I shall do that:)