Trying to move past former stopping points..

Options
I'm one of those people who gains and looses the same 5-10 lbs every year. I'm getting closer and closer to my "happy weight", which is around 135. I call it my happy weight because this is where I start to feel good about myself and start to get lax. Before you know it, I'm back up to 145 again.

This time, I wanted to push myself and see if I could get even fitter and get below 130, with 125 as my ultimate goal, and as far as I want to go. The trouble is, I'm getting into that mind set where I want to slack off a little...I'm feeling good, hungrier and finding it easier to reach for an extra helping of pasta.

I don't want the weight to creep back on again, how do I stay motivated?

Replies

• clahut
    clahut Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Hi,

This is going to sound like a 'cop out' answer, but everyone needs to find their own motivation. For me, it is the acceptance that I have to change my lifestyle to avoid further health issues.

C
  • BriannaSkye
    Options
    Find what works for you, I have an outfit I want to get back into. When im feeling hungrier I have a bowl of soup before my main meal. I make the raditional 0 point weight watchers vegetable soup. Its super low in calories and fills me up!
  • Disciplined74
    Disciplined74 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Congrats on reaching your goals.

My suggestion is to keep using MFP. I have days when I think, "I got this" and that's when I start slipping.

So now I've set MFP as my homepage so I'm reminded to record my food everytime I turn on the computer. It helps keep me on track cause when I log a food very frequently I have those wow moments when I didn't realize that particular food had that many calories or salt, etc.

I wish you the best on your journey.

- Eva
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Well you can lose the weight real quick if you put down the pasta.... Avoid alot of carbs and up your proteins. Plus weight train... Drink your water and do your cardio. It's all about portion control and if you're eating 5 small meals thru out the day you will feel full longer.
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I also had a 'happy weight' I never thought I'd break through that 12st 4lb mark (172 lbs) but here I am, at 154 (11st0). It was a mental block for a long time, but logging in MPF and talking to others on the message boards helped to keep me focused. Good luck with meeting and beating you goal :flowerforyou:
  • vickiele1
    vickiele1 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who is in maintenance phase. She has an identified weight she will never allow herself to go over. she continues to login to MFP and continues to do weigh ins. When she sees she is getting close to "that" weight she increases her exercise and monitors her calorie intake more closely. So you could promise yourself that you will do something similar "After" you've reached your goal weight.
  • muth3rluvx2
    muth3rluvx2 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Congrats on reaching your goals.

My suggestion is to keep using MFP. I have days when I think, "I got this" and that's when I start slipping.

So now I've set MFP as my homepage so I'm reminded to record my food everytime I turn on the computer. It helps keep me on track cause when I log a food very frequently I have those wow moments when I didn't realize that particular food had that many calories or salt, etc.

I wish you the best on your journey.

- Eva

This is a great idea! I miss days and that resets the log clock and when you see your own at 10 days (when it's really been a year) and someone else at 315 days...... all because of a missed log in here and there.... it's like... Oohhh, MANNN!!! That SUCKS. lol...