staying consistent...

Options
skiski
skiski Posts: 173 Member
:frown:

hmmm i seem to have a slight problem staying consistent with my exercise...this weekend i have a guest staying, and we are planning a local walk today and tomorrow but i also want to do at least 30mins a night on my exercise bike and some sit ups. leg raises...but feel it is not very polite to just vanish for half hour to do these...i am not really comfortable with exercising in front of her either...any suggestions that mean i can get my exercise in without compromising being a good host?

thanks skiski x

Replies

• skiski
    Options
    :frown:

hmmm i seem to have a slight problem staying consistent with my exercise...this weekend i have a guest staying, and we are planning a local walk today and tomorrow but i also want to do at least 30mins a night on my exercise bike and some sit ups. leg raises...but feel it is not very polite to just vanish for half hour to do these...i am not really comfortable with exercising in front of her either...any suggestions that mean i can get my exercise in without compromising being a good host?

thanks skiski x
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Well, you could always go for a bike ride together at night for 30 min.....or, you could do your leg raises and stuff alone in your room right before you go to bed...?? I wouldn't want to do those in front of someone either. Maybe just for the weekend you could settle on some exercises that you could do together.....like more walks, a hike, even strolling around window shopping.
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    if she's a good friend, she would support your effort to stay healthy. Maybe when she's taking a shower, you can jump on the bike. Before she goes in, tell her you're going to jump on the bike for 30 minutes. Maybe that will give her an excuse to not rush and you can get your exercise in at the same time. Even the best of friends don't need to spend every moment together :)
  • skiski
    Options
    :flowerforyou:

thanks guys, she is a good friend but is one of those people who is very satisfied with her body and doesn't unsderstand why others aren't! if only i could be the same

i think i will move the exercise bike into my room and do leg raises and sit ups before bed...