Need some Ideas please! (peanut butter)

fitinyoga14
fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
edited September 22 in Recipes
I love greek yogurt as well as nut butter (peanut and almond are my favorites). I eat the two of these items frequently in order to keep up my protein intake. What i'm wondering is if anyone has any recipes or ideas for combining the two. I would love some recipes for some delicious, creamy post-workout snacks or desserts. :glasses:

Thank you in advance!

Replies

• reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Try some on foodnetwork.com or look up Tia (sp) recipes with peanut butter, might try Chinese cuisine as well...
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    How about making a peanut butter smoothie using the yogurt and peanut butter? I had a recipe for one, I'll try and find it for you. But I'm sure it can't be too difficult. Maybe add some cinnamon?
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Found it!

1 ripe banana, quartered and frozen
    1/2 cup nonfat milk
    1/4 cup plain nonfat yogurt
    1 1/2 tablespoons creamy, natural, peanut butter

Directions
    Put all of the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    yogurt,peanut butter, and chocolate protien powder in a blender... never tried it but i asume it would be good

this i have done

cup of pb
    cup of sugar
    1 egg

chocolate powder
    greek yogurt

mix the first 3 thing together and press into a pie dish bake at 350 (or make into cookies, makes GREAT cookies) cook for like 8 minutes

mix yogurt and chocolate powder to your dessired chocolatey-ness and dump into shell.. thats it.. and if you made the cookies you can top with a dollop of the yogurt...
  • SarahNicole317
    SarahNicole317 Posts: 302 Member
    .5 scoop chocolate protein (OR) 1 T cocoa powder with 1 packet truvia or other sweetener
    20 grams rolled oats
    1 T nut butter (Naturally more has less calories than other natural PBs and more protein)
    A little water (depending on how you want the texture)

Mix ingredients and eat out of the bowl OR roll into balls and refrigerate. They are like no bake cookies!
  • Hotbottom
    Hotbottom Posts: 168 Member
    I fill up celery sticks with peanut butter and layer it on apples like they are crackers. I put a tbs of nut butter on my fruit in the morning with a splash of agave and mix it all up. Good mixes: Apple & banana & nut butter / grapes, banana, pear & nut butter / mango banana & nut butter.
  • fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    Thanks for the ideas everyone!!!! I really appreciate how helpful every one is on this site. I have to say, Peanut and banana combos are the best!!
This discussion has been closed.