What color shirt to wear in a video

tolygal
tolygal Posts: 602 Member
edited September 22 in Chit-Chat
I'm so embarassed, but I have been asked to be in a video tomorrow promoting the healthy living resources they did last year at my work since I'm a "sucess story." I have to talk about my experience, what motivated me, how I feel now, what's changed, which resources I used, etc. So obviously I want to look my very best, but I don't know what colors look best on camera. Should I wear a black shirt, a light pink shirt or a red shirt or something else? Not sure if it matters, but I have blonde hair and light skin. ANY suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!! Oh, and this forced me to find some "before" photos. Can't wait to post them!! I just need an after. Boy, you really see where you were with those LOL!!

Replies

• harls
    harls Posts: 88 Member
    It's hard to reccomend colors when I can't quite see you, but from the description you gave perhaps a teal one. Teal tends to look good on fair-skinned blondes AND be flattering on film.

Think about when someone compliments you. What have they said looks great on you? Has anyone ever told you "_____ is DEFINITELY your color!"?

And most importantly, wear something you are comfortable in, because if you're uncomfortable it will show on the video, I'm positive.
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    I'm sure you'll look great no matter what you wear! :flowerforyou: I would stick to something solid colored (rather than stripes, or a pattern). Good luck and have fun! :smile:
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    I have actually seen pictures of you :D I vote a nice solid color. I like the red top with black skirt. Don't go too light of a color for the camera.

and YAY!!! :D
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Wear a Vneck - it creates a long slimming look. A dark SOLID color. And if you are uncomfortable with your arms, make sure it is not sleeveless or does not have "cap" sleeves. Also, avoid anything clingy which might stick in places, as well as anything bulky which would just add more weight look. And also be sure to consider the light that will be on you - check yourself in the mirror and take some high flash photos of yourself first to be sure that it doesn't do that thing where the part tight across your boobs (etc) looks see through when under light.
  • tolygal
    tolygal Posts: 602 Member
    Thanks for all the info!!! I'm off to raid my closet (and pluck my eyebrows LOL)!
This discussion has been closed.