Ok...Clean foods

Options
I hear over and over....clean eating and clean foods. I'm not retarded but I have NO idea what this is....

Replies

• ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    Foods that are not processed or full of chemicals ect
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Foods in their original form....meat, vegetables, grains, fruits....not processed!
  • seemichellerun
    Options
    Foods that are not processed or full of chemicals ect

Exactly. Raw food like fresh fruits & vegetables and hormone/antibiotic free meats are good examples.
  • Uptopargolf
    Options
    I hear over and over....clean eating and clean foods. I'm not retarded but I have NO idea what this is....

Fresh fruit, lean meats, whole grains.. Mainly when someone says, 'I've be eating very clean'. I take it as they mean they have not went off their diet much, or haven't been eating any junk food.

For example, for the past two weeks I've been eating very clean. Grilled chicken, fruits, and veggies. No soda, no junk, no candy. Maybe that will clear it up?
  • scarecrow41
    Options
    Why lean meats? That's just lean...not clean. Organic grass fed meats that are high in fats are proven to lower triglycerides and promote cell growth.
  • Uptopargolf
    Options
    Why lean meats? That's just lean...not clean. Organic grass fed meats that are high in fats are proven to lower triglycerides and promote cell growth.

Lean meats, because not most people can eat Organic everyday. And if you don't get lean cuts of meat you'll more than likely end up eating to much fat.
  • MamaRandall
    MamaRandall Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Check on Michi's Ladder and follow the top two tiers. Those are all clean foods. I printed them off and put them on my fridge and use it as a guide for my shopping lists. It really helps give me ideas for meals too by using those as ingredients in what I cook.
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    If it didn't fly, run, swim or grow from the ground - Don't eat it
    If it has ingredients you don't recognise or can't pronounce - Don't eat it
    If it has sugar (including any of the "oses") as the first, second, or third ingredient - Don't eat it

Aim to have all dairy and meat as organic, if you can find/afford it then worry about plants (fruit and veges too!)
    Become a label nazi and read EVERYTHING - you'll be surprised what sorts of food have add sugar and chemicals.