sodium in sparkling water

Options
hi

i have been a drinker of sparking water for years now and today my sister bought a bottle and i had still water - so the sparkling water had 92mg/litre and my still water is only 6.5mg/litre

so my question is - is this normal? does anyone know of any brands that are lower

makes sense now that yesterday i drank 2litres of sparkling water and i was still thirsty

tia

Replies

• ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    92mg is a little bit, 1/10th of a gram. If you are still thirsty, you probably simply need more water.

Wait I take that back. Gatorade has 237 mg/609 ml. That sparkling water has half the sodium of Gatorade. Still not really enough to dehydrate you.

Personally, sugary drinks end to make me more thirsty.
  • lucysmommy2007
    lucysmommy2007 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    hmm just wondered why it was much higher than still water

that si good that its still ok to drink
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    Normal still water has 90-something too. The real question would be why your still water has so little.
  • lucysmommy2007
    Options
    not sure why its evian?
  • ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Mineral content varies widely in water supplies. Home brewers are always concerned about mineral content and often cross-post water analysis for comments. The content is all over the place.
  • Maitria
    Maitria Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    You need sodium, no worries. Sometimes carbonated drinks make me more thirsty, even the ones with no sodium. Enjoy your sparkling water and drink some ice water when you feel thirsty.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    hi

i have been a drinker of sparking water for years now and today my sister bought a bottle and i had still water - so the sparkling water had 92mg/litre and my still water is only 6.5mg/litre

so my question is - is this normal? does anyone know of any brands that are lower

makes sense now that yesterday i drank 2litres of sparkling water and i was still thirsty

tia
    You need on average 1500mg a day to live. So no it's not an issue
  • lucysmommy2007
    Options
    phewwww

thanks guys - panic over :-)