This is my last chance

In March I'll be 40. I refuse to be 40 and fat! I've had the hardest time losing weight the past 5 yrs. Even when training for a marathonthis year I couldn't lose anything. I had planned on being nice and skinny when my husband comes home in Oct from a 8 month deployment. No I ended up gaining weight. I even did 1/2 marathon and mud run. I even did a consult with a surgeon. So a week ago I started going to a weight loss clinic with a Dr and nutritionist. I started getting b12 shots since I have no energy. It has helped a lot. I actually have energy now. Have lost 5 lbs which is a miracle. I even had thyroid tested but I'm right above when they'll give you medicine for it. I also have nodules on my thyroid also. It seems like everything is against me but nothing to help me. Looking for people to talk to with similar issues of not losing weight.

Replies

• kavlenor
    kavlenor Posts: 35 Member
    I hear you, I'm struggling as well. But don't get discouraged, sometimes it takes time to find the right food/exercise balance to start loosing weight. Feel free to add me as a friend to encourage each other.
  • KLangleydoula
    KLangleydoula Posts: 1,494 Member
    Hi! I will be turning 40 in April...maybe we can support each other :) Feel free to add me!
  • I'll be turning 31 in a couple months and have also had thyroid issues. I was tested multiple times before they finally gave me medicine for it. I was so sluggish and grumpy. My hair was even falling out. :( I wanted to lose weight, but didn't have the energy to even exercise. It was a constant battle. Finally after getting on some meds to keep my levels stable, I was able to lose weight.
    Has your doctor recommended having your blood work rechecked in a few weeks?
  • BlackStarlight
    BlackStarlight Posts: 554 Member
    Hey I hear you.
    Next year my little sister is getting married and I'm the maid of honour. I refuse to look fat and frumpy in a bridesmaid dress while I'm with my sis on her big day.
    Taking it one day at a time.
    Good luck everyone! We can do it :flowerforyou: :smile: xx
  • xShreddx
    xShreddx Posts: 127 Member
    I just turned 41 but started my real lifestyle changed at 40. I'd love to support you along the way so feel free to add me!
  • jacqueline7599
    jacqueline7599 Posts: 159 Member
    Hi. Thanks. I need support. I have none.
  • Garrett1234
    Garrett1234 Posts: 147 Member
    Good luck, reach out to people like you here, try little by little to make good decisions, figure out what works for you, etc. You can do it. One day at a time.
  • jacqueline7599
    jacqueline7599 Posts: 159 Member
    Hi embrace...yea I'm to get rechecked. I get my blood done every 6 months. I'm always just a couple notches above what they consider low. My skin is dry, heels cracked, so tired all the time I have no energy to work out. I've been gaining weight constantly. I can lose 5-7 then typically gain it back within a week or two.
  • goofydee30
    goofydee30 Posts: 61 Member
    Just hit the 40 last month & this mommy is determined to drop the weight only thing is I love to eat carbs, carbs & more carbs. Feel free to add me so we can support each other to a NEW, Healthy, Fit, Mommy for our kids! Good luck & take it one day @ a time. Just think its not like the weight all appeared over night. Its gonna be a slow steady process even though I wish it weren't. Actually good luck to everyone reaching their goal weights & feel free to add me as a friend, I recently started sending those out wasn't sure how this was all done but encouraging words from strangers can motivate me when I am feeling down in the dumps. :smile: for not losing anything