Nordic track not in the excercises but Marching band is?

Options
Wasn't able to bike today so I got back on the Nordic Track...went to log it here and the best I could find was Cross Country Skiing which is close but not quite the same. I just found it funny since Marching band is (and I'm greatful...since I do that).

My old Nordic Track had a brain that could guess at calore burn....I think I'm just going to try and find a new brain for the one I have now.

Just found it funny and wanted to share...

Replies

• emily889
    emily889 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    haha I am honestly not surprised.... people even count calories for everything little thing that goes in their mouth... including uh.. a certain bodily fluid :laugh: but something as simple as nordic track is no where to be found in exercise lol priorities people!
  • W31RD0
    W31RD0 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Here is a site that estimates various exercises and equipment. I can't guarantee the accuracy of it.

http://calorielab.com/burned/?mo=se&gr=22&ti=Indoor+exercise+machines&wt=150&un=lb&kg=68
    haha I am honestly not surprised.... people even count calories for everything little thing that goes in their mouth... including uh.. a certain bodily fluid

Is that in the MFP database?!?!

EDIT: It is.

And the serving is by the "load". I'm dying right now.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Nordic track isn't an exercise, it is a piece of equipment. Was it the skiing one? If so put in cross country skiing!
  • W31RD0
    Options
    Nordic track isn't an exercise, it is a piece of equipment. Was it the skiing one? If so put in cross country skiing!

How accurate is that? Is the Nordic track really comparable in it's movements to actual cross country skiing?
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options

How accurate is that? Is the Nordic track really comparable in it's movements to actual cross country skiing?

OI don't know, but if you use an HRM you could override the cals burned that MFP tells you anyway, which would be more accurate than using the nordic track cals burned.
  • spiralated
    spiralated Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    But the colorguard is not in here :cwies:

In all seriousness, that is wonky.
  • dammitjanet0161
    dammitjanet0161 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I'm always mystified why 'cooking - food preparation' is in the exercise database. Unless you're butchering a whole carcass I doubt you'll ever burn very much by food preparation...
  • behealthy4u
    Options
    I use my Nordic track alot and log it in under the ski machine option.
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    And people wonder why they plateau. . .
  • joanthemom8
    joanthemom8 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    LOL - I an attest to the intest workout of marching band! My 16 year-old son is just started his 3rd year....they are in a 2-week 9 hours/day camp before school starts. In addition to practicing the music, marching and learning the field show, they have to run laps, do push-ups, sit-ups, planks, etc. He is sore and exhausted!

BTW, how do you like the Nordic Track? I always wanted one, but it's too expensive right now.
  • Lauryn2888
    Lauryn2888 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    haha I am honestly not surprised.... people even count calories for everything little thing that goes in their mouth... including uh.. a certain bodily fluid :laugh: but something as simple as nordic track is no where to be found in exercise lol priorities people!

ahhahahahahaha that's hilarious! Did not even think to look at that.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Putting "Nordic track" in the database is a non logical as putting "Schwinn" or "Air Jordans" in the database
  • maceycarey
    maceycarey Posts: 143 Member
    Options

How did you find this out? lol
  • maceycarey
    maceycarey Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    how do they know how many calories are in it! OMG!!!!! thats gross!!!...
  • W31RD0
    Options
    And people wonder why they plateau. . .

Care to explain your comment?
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    Putting "Nordic track" in the database is a non logical as putting "Schwinn" or "Air Jordans" in the database

what are you talking about bro?

i log my exercise daily as "gym".

idk how many cals im burning, but man all this fat is turning into muscle!
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Last night I logged Racing a 3 toed sloth. I'm pretty sure that's not in the database.

Best thing to do is get a Heart Rate Monitor, exercise, and log the time and the burn as recorded by the HRM. You don't need to use what is in the database.
  • kellyselliott
    kellyselliott Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Someone gave me a Norditrack and it is not as easy as it looks any tips on doing this?
    I have managed to do it a bit but without the arms.