Need recipe/marinade ideas for Indian spice mix

Cytherea
Cytherea Posts: 515 Member
edited September 22 in Recipes
So my boss made up a batch of his famous Indian spice mix, bottled it, and gave some to me for Christmas. I've actually never eaten Indian food before, mostly because I don't like spicy foods, but he assured me that it was mild and to try it.

I tried it the other night... I basically rubbed it on chicken (like a dry rub), wrapped it in saran tightly overnight (as I read to do), and then baked it for dinner.

It came out ok, flavor-wise, but the chicken was pretty dry- I'm used to marinading my meats so there is always extra liquid.

So does anybody have any recipes that I can use this in? Whether it is to make a marinade for chicken or some other recipe altogether, I'm open to it. I have this huge bottle of the stuff, and it was pretty good, so I'd like to use it and experiment with it!

Replies

• lastchance2010
    lastchance2010 Posts: 494 Member
    I'm a big Indo-Pak foody. There is a dish called chicken biryani that I absolutely love...unfortunately I don't have a recipe. I usually buy Shaan chicken biryani spices in it...which contains the recipe. But maybe if you google it u can hopefully find something. Hope that helps... :ohwell:
This discussion has been closed.