New here

Options
Hi,

I am not very good with introductions, I am 27 year old autistic adult, I am here because I need to loose about 50-60 pounds! :( growing up I was always very skinni and ful of energy! Until I became a teenager, slowly I started slowing down and puttin on wieght, when I didn't get periods normally it was discovered I was hypo thyroid :( so they started thyroid medications. This seemed to help a bit but keeping wieght off was still a struggle, then two years ago things got even worse! I was diagnosed with papillary thyroid cancer. To ended up having a thyroidectomy and for the first few months I lost a tone of wieght, but then it all started coming back I went from 170 to 207 :( the weight just doesn't want to come off! My meds are all core t but it's still a daily struggle. As it is I walk 4 miles a day, My goal wieght is 155.

I'm hoping this website will help Iespecially with finding healthy foods I can eat and will enjoy. This is a bit more complicated with me since I have a very restrictive diet due to sensory issue.

I am always happy to make new friends so feel free to add me if you want.

Replies

• shanehollanduk
    shanehollanduk Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hey!

I'm new too! Add me if you'd like to - we can support each other?

Shane
  • lcorrea
    lcorrea Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear of your health issues but you are making the right decision. I have been active with this website for a few months and the encouragement you'll find here and friends are amazing. I wish you all the luck. You can do it! We all need encouragement. Friend me if you'd like.
  • NonSpeakingNotSilent
    Options
    Hello and that you!
  • joysomebody
    joysomebody Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm having a hard time too with a hypo thyroid issue, and osteoporosis, so they can't up my dose where is should be. As it is I've had a total knee replacement in April and am going in on Tuesday for a new hip. This is an uphill battle. Let's beat this thing!