HELP! I'm seeing no difference

Options
We live in a world of immediate gratification. Often, enough money or incentive is enough to get what we want with the drop of a hat
n1wd1z.gif

I mean, look at me! I've been busting my butt and have been losing weight but these pictures don't show any difference at all!!

23rss2e.jpg

I'm doing everything right. I have a calorie deficit, the scale is going down, I'm weightlifting and doing some cardio things. ..

2lcs506.jpg

What gives? All of me is getting smaller but my stomach! Genetics aren't fair!!!!

Let's fast forward...shall we?

2ekluhg.jpg

The changes were not drastic from even a month or two to the next. Mentally and internally, I changed more than what could be seen visually at first. I felt better, my mind was clearer, I discovered over my year of fitness that this was deeper than just the number on the scale or the size of jeans. I, have always been beautiful and strong but enduring through these changes made the biggest difference. Discovering who I was and who I wanted to be while balancing my life around it was the biggest challenge.

To those who have weight to lose, fitness to master. Remember. This is not a week or two journey. Or a year. It is a lifelong struggle. It'll be tough, but it'll be worth it because YOU are worth it.

2011 to 2014

293a8id.jpg

Feb 2014 to current ( 6 lbs up)

347xou9.jpg

So keep on keeping on! Listen to all the helpful people on here.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here

Oh, and for fun...my weight charts from deficit into bulk :P

9fy8tl.png
ab6ko9.png

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    A good reminder for many of us. Thanks!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I find the lack of bumps in this thread disturbing.
  • Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Bump! Great post.
  • akgreen324
    akgreen324 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this! I get impatient A LOT. We are so convinced this can be a "quick fix" when indeed is a total lifestyle change. It took me 2 months to lose 10 lbs and even that was fast! With everything that comes great joy, success and happiness, a whole lot of hard work was put behind it!
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Stop it. There is obviously a huge difference. You have at least 3 different hair cuts and 2 different hair colors in those pictures, I don't know what you're talking about!

You, my friend, are the reason I am kicking myself for not taking "before" pics. Or "during" pics...
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have a knack for changing my hair. ..a bunch! Lol. And honestly, I didn't waaaant to take those. In the moment, they were embarrassing to me. I kept them pretty private during. Now, I'm very thankful I stood in front of that mirror so often.

I hope this can help someone from giving up or starving themselves to a goal. Love yourself, the rest will follow!
  • BombshellPhoenix
    Options
    I find the lack of bumps in this thread disturbing.

♡ You're awesome
  • BombshellPhoenix
    Options
    Bump! Great post.

Thank you!♡♡ :D
  • BombshellPhoenix
    Options
    Thank you for this! I get impatient A LOT. We are so convinced this can be a "quick fix" when indeed is a total lifestyle change. It took me 2 months to lose 10 lbs and even that was fast! With everything that comes great joy, success and happiness, a whole lot of hard work was put behind it!

Absolutely and for the longest time I wished time would go faster. Now, I'm glad it took the time it did. I had a lot of growing to do emotionally through it all
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    Good reminder. Thanks!
  • Laurenloveswaffles
    Laurenloveswaffles Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    This is a beautiful post. Thank you for sharing :flowerforyou:
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    Thanks for existing, it's people like you that gives me hope that someday I will also reach my fitness goal
  • mabelbabel1
    mabelbabel1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Brilliant post, thanks for sharing and congratulations....you're looking great!
  • Shropshire1959
    Shropshire1959 Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Excellent - job well done AND a great lesson to many of us.. #cool
  • bidimus
    bidimus Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Is it me or is your phone getting bigger in those pictures. :) Nice job and inspirational dedication.
  • hmrambling
    hmrambling Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    This is an awesome post! Thanks for sharing :D This is a great motivational post.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Just wow! Thanks for the reminder, the motivation and most of all the encouragement to continue. I'm sure for many!
    Wonderful job, Congrats!
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Great post!
  • HanamiDango
    HanamiDango Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the great reminder. I am so glad to have great inspiration here on MFP. So many awesome ladies and men to help guide us. :flowerforyou:
    It has taken me a while to really change my lifestyle and it is still chaining. I started getting my mind into losing weight in Dec 2012, lost 20 up til May 2013 than gain 10 back and drop what I have now. (So a total of 92lbs so far) So I am creeping up on two years working at better myself. I might be close to goal one (135 lbs) by the two year mark and I plan on continuing to go on (re-comping). If someone who is reading this is struggling with not seeing results, know you are not alone. I swear my stomach has not drop inches since I was 190 lbs, and that I will never be thinner than I am now. I know this is something that I need to work on mentally and emotionally. Just comes with the territory of losing weight. The only way it can be done is through patience and perseverance. :drinker:
  • Stella_Mayfair
    Stella_Mayfair Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Rome wasn't built in one day. I must remember that. Ty for the inspiration. Great work!!!