More bacon and eggs than anyone should eat....(Whole30)

Options
2»

Replies

• thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    I haven't had bacon i 8 months. I think I need to buy some. Thanks!
  • Jim_Barteck
    Jim_Barteck Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Bacon....mmmmmm.....
  • funfang
    funfang Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    What ever works for you, and I wish you the best luck, but here are some personal opinions:

I have been trying all different kind diet though my life, some work like magic I lost 10 lbs in a week, then I almost faint and gained the weight right back. Some left me endless cravings for the food I was not allow to eat. Through out the years, I learned I need to be happy, I need to be satisfied, I eat what I like to eat, just in moderation.

If you treat food like your enemy, it will fight against you, if you treat it like your friend, it will work with you. It's all about making the right choice and eat in moderation.

edited for typo
  • srd_23
    srd_23 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You might like to check out the "Primal/Paleo support group". Things get silly out here in the main forums at any suggestion that what one eats matters. Only calories in and calories out is the explanation for everything in the whole universe. Nutrients, hormones, and nothing else plays any role at all. :noway:

I disagree that nutrients and hormones play NO role at all. But in most cases they are minor. I have PCOS, which does make it harder to lose weight. You might check this link out:

http://www.webmd.com/women/polycystic-ovary-syndrome-pcos-and-weight-gain

Still, PCOS is an obstacle, nothing more. It doesn't make it impossible to lose weight, it just means I have to cut more calories to reach that weight loss that I need. It still is a formula of calories in/out, but hormones can definitely affect that formula.
  • oneloopygirl
    oneloopygirl Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Bacon....mmmmmm.....

Now I'm hungry... :cry:

OP - No hate here at all, but I'm just not a fan of any restrictive diet. I practice moderation in all things when it comes to food (or try to). While there are plenty of diets out there that can get you quick results (I'll consider 15 to 20 pounds in 30 days to be quick unless you're significantly overweight, because that is possible in the beginning), I think anything gets you results too quick gets you a much larger risk of regain than slower, more steady loss. To that end, I've always successfully preached and practiced moderation, net deficits, and reasonable exercise. In my opinion, it should be all about a healthy lifestyle you can truly live and maintain for the long run. Granted that could mean very different things for different people.
  • Organicgasm
    Organicgasm Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 1 of my Whole30. It's my 3rd one. And I am thinking I'll stick with paleo forever after this. GL!
  • redfawn7
    Options
    I love bacon and eggs.
  • polkadottedribbon
    Options
    I love bacon and eggs.

You and me both ;)
  • rprussell2004
    rprussell2004 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    When you're good and detoxed, check http://www.reddit.com/r/keto and http://www.cavemanketo.com - it's very similar to that, as far as the elimination of sugars and starches.

If you consider it more of a lifestyle, than a diet, you'll go far.
  • mimismommy11
    mimismommy11 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    No judgement here, I love eggs and bacon. :happy:
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    PS. When I say Paleo should be permanent, what "Paleo" is varies person by person. Some people can tolerate rice, white potatoes and legumes and even some grains (ideally sprouted), others cannot. Nothing is carved in stone. You find out what works for you, experiment, and find your own way. It's not "hard" or "restrictive" imo, and on my personal journey I've come to think that no food is worth being sick over. Grains, legumes, dairy (too much), and a process food dominated diet make me fat and sick. No thanks.

This is my biggest beef with Primal/Paleo diets.....it's basically IIFYM - why label it? no one has ever been 100% Primal / Paleo 100% of the time. It's a silly cult like thing.
  • ddkphotos
    ddkphotos Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    that is very close to what I eat 80% of the time... I went low carb last summer - originally committing to two weeks - but have stayed with it because my tummy is much happier... I don't drink so that's not a problem. Cutting out grains and most legumes - not a problem. I do have a bit of cheese or yogurt - but not every day or massive amounts. I basically eat healthy proteins (organic, local, anti-biotic free), veggies and fats. That being said - I still have a bit of dark chocolate almost every day. It keeps me sane... and when I am out or feel like celebrating a bit of cake will get consumed... or a small 100 or so calorie treat per day. As long as it is reasonable and it is something you can maintain afterwards - do what works for you. Cutting everything out for 30 days and then going back to eating processed crap every day will just have you re-finding the weight you just lost...
    PS - had bacon and eggs for breakfast!
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I successfully did Whole30. Actually almost Whole60, I guess you could say, almost two years ago. I saw positive changes in my body composition and my energy levels increased. However, I became very dizzy/lightheaded, got very frequent headaches, and my already poor motor skills (as a result of neurological sensory dysfunction) suffered even more.
  • AlyssamR6712
    AlyssamR6712 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I just finished my first whole 30! I felt so amazing!!!! I am thinking of doing a second one real soon! Goodluck with everything!!! Please let me know if there is anything i can do to help you with reaching your goals!
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I love bacon and eggs, all meat, and pretty much all fish, too.

The only issue I have is that it's really difficult to get in fiber if you remove legumes and certain grains from the diet. How do you manage that on the Whole30?
  • AlyssamR6712
    AlyssamR6712 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    What would you eat if your a vegetarian?

If you go to their website they have a whole section on this :flowerforyou:
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    I tried this plan because my friends were doing it and I thought it would be fun to have the camaraderie. Some of them swear by it - I quit after just a few days. It's very restrictive and the competition aspect of it (at least the program I did), triggered my ED.

The funny thing is, I eat pretty close to it normally but the minute I consciously told myself I couldn't have something I wanted it.

Never. Again. IIFYM for life.