Low fat mass %, stop losing weight?

Hello, I just had a fitness assessment at my gym and have a quick question about fat mass. I am 5'8 and am 143 pounds. I did have a goal of 140 and have of course struggled to get those last 3 pounds to disappear. I do cardio and strength training daily to help achieve that goal but am trying to focus on toning and building some muscle definition. My question is, my LBM is 82.6% which puts my Fat Mass at 17.4%. Should I just try to stay at this weight or try to maintain at 145 with some built muscle or try to continue to my goal of 140? Still new to weight loss and fitness and trying to find the right fit for my body. Thanks!

Replies

• shadowofender
    shadowofender Posts: 786 Member
    I think at this point it's less about the scale and more about body fat. If you don't like how you look, try to focus on weight training and fat loss rather than pounds lost. Are you male or female btw? Cause 17.4% seems crazy good to me depending on what your goals are.
  • vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    How was this measured? Most body fat measuring techniques have a decently high margin of error. That being said, I say ignore the numbers completely. Are you as lean as you'd like to be? If so I'd focus on muscle building. If you aren't, I'd keep losing fat until you are. I always consult the mirror for my physique based goals. Numbers are nice to assess progress but to prone to error. The mirror doesn't really lie.