Breathing, Running, Stitch and Me

Options
2»

Replies

• VitaminAmy
    VitaminAmy Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Have you done any other cardio cross training? Might help with breathing endurance.
    I struggled getting enough air while running but doing more cardio on active rest days has helped.
  • BadassSavageVix
    BadassSavageVix Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Have you done any other cardio cross training? Might help with breathing endurance.
    I struggled getting enough air while running but doing more cardio on active rest days has helped.

I'm a dancer and I don't have the problem when dancing. I guess it's just something I'll have to work on that will get better over time.
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    I don't know how people don't drink during a run. I always have a water bottle with me even for runs under 2 miles. I have to have a drink every few mins. I'm a new runner though.

I've tried it without but have a headache by the end of my run. I don't get a stitch much but I do get cramp quiet often. I try to run a bottle of water before I go out to help with both of these
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot of water during the rest of the day so that probably helps me. If I'm running first thing in the morning, I chug down two 16 oz glasses of water. Throughout the day, I easily drink 100+ oz. I love water.
  • BadassSavageVix
    BadassSavageVix Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot of water during the rest of the day so that probably helps me. If I'm running first thing in the morning, I chug down two 16 oz glasses of water. Throughout the day, I easily drink 100+ oz. I love water.

Wow that is a lot of water.
  • EFMcG
    EFMcG Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks to the military a sing a cadence when I run. It's the only way I can control my breathing. It's lame but, I say "PT" while exhaling slowly, two short inhales.."Good for you" while exhaling, two short inhales. "Good for me". It's cut my 2 mile down to a 17:45 which is decent for a 28 female.