Ladies with PCOS, Somethings I have Noticed............

Grokette
Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
edited September 22 in Food and Nutrition
Over the past year I have made painstaking strides to change my lifestyle to eating meat, eggs and dairy straight from the farm and my fruits, veggies and nuts from my CSA membership or from local farmers markets.

There are very few things I now buy from the store.

I have PCOS. When I was eating meat from the grocery store, I was not getting a monthly TOM. When I changed over to getting meat from local butcher shops and straight from the farm sources I started feeling a bit different.

In July, I began a round of HCG (I am not saying you should do it, it was suggested by my Dr so I tried it). I was very dilligent to use ONLY organic veggies and fruits and meat from a farm by my sisters house. I got a TOM within 2 weeks of starting that first round of HCG and eating the organic foods......

I have gotten a TOM every month since July. This is the longest I have EVER been having a TOM that is occurring monthly.

I firmly believe that the hormones and antibiotics in our food supply is causing a lot of the PCOS and infertility that Doctors are seeing and treating now days.

If people don't think that these things are NOT having an effect on our bodies - you are sadly mistaken. My husband has even noticed that my moods are changing for the better.

Just wanted to get this off my chest as it is something I have been observing. At any rate, I am glad that my hormones are finally starting to line out for myself.

Replies

• I worry so much about the hormones in Animal Products. While I'm not currently an active vegan, I believe that cutting out some, if not most of the meat and dairy out of our diets, would make a world of difference to our health.

Sigh.

Its sad that we had to go and mess up what used to be natural and wonderful food sources
  • Very interesting... thanks for sharing.
    What does HCG stand for?
  • I am a college student in my 20s who has been diagnosed with PCOS....
    It is really expensive and almost unaffordable for me to buy organic groceries, though i really feel a lot better when I do. Any suggestions...i am hoping since I have caught it young i will be able to overcome it, and get past the effects of it before i get married and start to have kids!

ANY ADVICE???
  • http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_chorionic_gonadotropin

It's a hormone your body makes when its pregnant.

People have found a way to take the hormone, eat an extremely low calorie and really low fat diet, and the hormone is supposed to eat the fat off of your body (more or less)

My mom lost a TON of weight on it.

I found it way too strict and couldn't survive on 2 apples. 3 ounces of meat and little else in a day
  • Grokette
    I am a college student in my 20s who has been diagnosed with PCOS....
    It is really expensive and almost unaffordable for me to buy organic groceries, though i really feel a lot better when I do. Any suggestions...i am hoping since I have caught it young i will be able to overcome it, and get past the effects of it before i get married and start to have kids!

ANY ADVICE???

If you can afford to purchase free range, farm raised meats that have been grass fed, no hormones or antibiotics - I believe the meat makes more of a difference than the fruits and veggies. I noticed the difference faster after changing the meat over.
  • Grokette
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_chorionic_gonadotropin

People have found a way to take the hormone, eat an extremely low calorie and really low fat diet, and the hormone is supposed to eat the fat off of your body (more or less)

I found it way too strict and couldn't survive on 2 apples. 3 ounces of meat and little else in a day

The point of my post was not to get started on HCG, I merely pointed it out that I did the 2 rounds because someone that knows me is bound to bring it up.

Just giving some background on changes I have made with my own reading and research and the advice of my Naturopathic Doctor.
  • Grokette
    I worry so much about the hormones in Animal Products. While I'm not currently an active vegan, I believe that cutting out some, if not most of the meat and dairy out of our diets, would make a world of difference to our health.

Sigh.

Its sad that we had to go and mess up what used to be natural and wonderful food sources

I don't believe cutting out meat of the diet will make us healthier..................it is the source of where the meat came from.

Whether people believe it or not, the energy of how that animal lived is passed on through its meat.

So an animal that was left to naturally graze and eat as it pleased on the pasture will have better meat than an animal that is pumped full of hormones and antibiotics, kicked, beat and kept in a cage for its entire life.

Those food energies are passed on to us when we eat it.

The point of my post was not to get started on HCG, I merely pointed it out that I did the 2 rounds because someone that knows me is bound to bring it up.

Just giving some background on changes I have made with my own reading and research and the advice of my Naturopathic Doctor.

I was just explaining it to someone else not promoting it. Geesh.

• Grokette
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_chorionic_gonadotropin

I understand...............I just don't want others to come in this thread and turn it into something else. That is all. My apologies for sounding crass. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I just know how a conversation can turn...............
This discussion has been closed.